Tax Manager on Partner Track (Come home to Fairfield, IA!)
We are seeking a great team member to join an established public tax practice in Fairfield, Iowa. The Fairfield office is located in a modern stand-alone facility with a terrific support team. Our office is part of a statewide firm and we are looking for the right long-term player with partner potential. If you have a passion for providing great tax service, a CPA license and at least six years experience in the field, we want to meet you! Above market compensation based on experience and a generous benefits package. We have deployed the latest in cloud-based accounting and tax preparation software, allowing maximum flexibility and efficiency
Our community is internationally recognized and has great schools and amenities, it is an ideal town for the Midwest way of life. Come home to Fairfield!
Reports to: Managing Principal/Equity Principals
Supervises: Tax Preparers / Accounting Staff
Summary of Responsibilities:
The Tax Manager is responsible for the efficient, accurate, complete, and timely preparation of all clients` tax returns. Advanced technical skills in a variety of tax and accounting areas, along with well-developed and applied management and supervisory skills are required. The Tax Manager makes decisions on all but the most unusual tax situations.
1. Performs technical tax review and approval of all tax returns and governmental tax examinations of any complexity.
2. Assumes full responsibility for larger tax returns and delegates to the various tax preparers as deemed necessary.
3. Delegates and manages and performs tax research projects to achieve an accurate and efficient product.
4. Participates actively in client meetings and tax planning efforts to assist the Auditing and Accounting Department with larger clients.
5. Acts as a resource for tax and A&A staff on specific tax issues and/or questions.
6. Assumes tax preparation responsibility for the more complex business returns.
7. Assumes client service responsibility for clients the tax manager works directly with or clients where the responsibility is delegated from the principal.
8. Communicates to the appropriate firm personnel important tax and tax developments affecting the firm`s clients.
9. Delegates and manages governmental tax examinations; may represent the client before the appropriate taxing authorities.
10.Maintains familiarity with qualifications of all tax staff members; reviews staff assignments for appropriateness.
11.Supervises tax staff and provides on-the-job training.
12.Works to develop responsible, trained staff by assisting in recruiting, performance evaluations, developing training aids, and acting as an instructor in professional development programs.
13.Assumes responsibility for smooth flow of tax returns through the tax preparation system to assure accurate, complete and timely preparation and delivery of all clients` tax returns.
14.Possesses a complete knowledge of the firm`s philosophy and its opinions on tax matters.
15.Maintains knowledge of general economic and political trends of possible tax or other legislation that could affect the business climate.
16.Performs marketing services/functions appropriate for that level.
1. Prepares other reports and projects as requested from time to time by the principals.
2. Researches and evaluates tax preparation and tax research software for recommendation to principals.
3. Participates in firm`s practice development efforts through involvement with referral sources, community and industry activities.
4. Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
1. At least six (6) years experience in public accounting, demonstrating a proven progression in tax return complexity, scope, and research.
2. At least two (2) years experience representing clients before taxing authorities.
3. Minimum of one (1) year experience supervising and directing work of tax staff.
1. Bachelor`s degree in accounting required, Master`s degree in taxation optional.
2. Minimum of fifty hours of continuing education is required each year to maintain and develop technical and business skills.
3. Participates in career development program to improve managerial, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Required Licenses, Certificates, Knowledge, or Skills:
1. A current and valid certified public accountant`s license is required.
2. Must be a member in good standing with the American Institute of CPAs.
3. Proficiency in use of computer tax preparation, tax research, and tax planning software programs.
4. Ability to operate a computer and calculator.
1. Occasional same day travel for work at clients` offices, meetings, and seminars using a personal vehicle.
2. Occasional out of town travel with overnight stay for work at clients, meetings, or seminars using a personal vehicle.
3. Occasional overtime work required throughout the year. Heavy overtime work required from January 1 to April 15.
Posted On: Sunday, October 1, 2017
HOW TO APPLY:
Iowa Career Connection