Marketing Manager - Bank Channel Marketing Strategy & Corporate Initiatives West Des Moines, IA
Job Profile: Marketing Manager
Leverage data, insights, field training, and key distribution meetings to become a business expert within the Bank Client Channel for this major national publicly traded financial services firm. The marketing role requires that you be a business partner to our Sales leadership team, and a marketing professional with the skills to be a liaison for broader corporate initiatives.
The business expectation is for the selected marketing leader to inform from a knowledge-based platform and to influence their Sales and Marketing partners to invest appropriately in the channel to grow the business. The chosen leader should have a solid grasp on:
- Financial product market channel competitors and product offerings
- Our relationships with key Independent Broker Dealer channel and their business drivers and challenges
- Develop ideas and plans, supported by insights and data, to gain more share within the channel
Partner with the entire Channel Sales team to create and execute on a channel-specific Marketing plan for the balance of 2019, which informs and/or rolls up to overall Marketing Plan and budget into 2020 and beyond.
Act as the Marketing go to person for the channel Sales partners and Product Marketing partners on key business initiatives, opportunities, and challenges
Be the brand champion within the channel to ensure that the brand is being used consistent with brand standards within the channel
Business knowledge: Be an active learner to understand the business challenges and opportunities within the channel for our enterprise.
Team influence: Be a leader that can influence business and Marketing support initiatives and direction by using data, channel knowledge, business leadership, and effective communication techniques to galvanize support for the channel
Business partner: Responsible for being an effective liaison between Business Partners and Marketing to continue to improve the communication and partnership
Accountable for navigating and negotiating channel specific requests for strategic alignment, business impact and appropriate spend
Channel Marketing Leadership: Responsible for leading the execution of the 2019 and the development of the 2020 strategic and tactical Marketing plan to support the channel
Qualifications And Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Marketing or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Financial Services, Insurance industry is required
- 5+ years of Marketing Experience required
- Proven ability to leverage data and insights to influence business direction and new initiatives
- Effective communication and partner skills to influence without authority
Posted On: Friday, February 1, 2019
Compensation: $65 - $80K +
HOW TO APPLY:
Iowa Career Connection