See all jobs in Liberal KS
Job Location: Liberal, Kansas
Job Type: Full-Time
Provide a developmentally appropriate environment allowing each child to learn at his/her own level and assure that the classroom is in compliance with State Licensing and Performance Standards. Supervise and provide guidance to classroom staff.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Teach children in all subject areas, individualizing for the students needs in academic and social/emotional development.
- Implement designated Curriculum, provide supporting activities when needed.
- Prepare lesson plans which include individualization for students needs.
- Hold Parent/Teacher conferences twice per year.
- Participate in Home Visits twice per year.
- Developmental screening and referral for additional services when indicated.
- Attend monthly parent meetings and plan in conjunction with Family Engagement Coordinators.
- Communicate regularly with Content Area specialists; Family Engagement Coordinators and parents.
- Collaborate with mental health professionals to ensure adequate social and emotional development of students.
- Attend IEP meetings or be in contact with the IEP team, keeping Education specialist informed or meetings and child progress.
- Plan and Carry out field trips.
- Complete paperwork and or computer data entry (Curriculum and assessment documentations, Lesson Plans, Attendance tracking) according to ISP manual and paperwork mapping.
- Ensure compliance with licensing requirements and performance standards.
- Recruit income and age eligible children as needed.
- Provide in-kind opportunities and collect and document.
- Provide support and guidance to all assigned staff with their daily responsibilities.
- Assist with hiring new staff in supervision area.
- Hold one supervision with each staff supervised once a month.
- Assure adequate coverage in classroom work with substitute staff and rearranging schedules.
- Hold weekly documented team meetings.
- Assist with training of new staff.
- Perform 3 month and annual performance reviews for each staff supervised.
OTHER DUTIES 5%
- Participate in other training or conferences as requested.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Work Environment Classroom Environment
Lifting Requirements Up to 50 Pounds
Travel Requirements Moderate
Other: Valid drivers license, reliable transportation, current auto insurance, pass all required background checks.
The physical requirements described here are a representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Total Staff 2
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Associates Degree in Early Childhood
Preschool Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential
3 to 5 years in a licensed Early Childhood Education setting
- Ability to obtain a CDA within 180 days (if needed) and a Bachelors in Early Childhood Education within 3 years.
- Bachelors Degree in Early Childhood.
All KCSL employees are mandated reporters of child abuse and neglect. Failure to properly report to DCF and the supervisor can result in disciplinary actions up to and including termination. See Mandated Reporter Policy in the Employee Handbook for details.
The duties and responsibilities of this job are subject to change without prior notice.
Our competitive salary and benefit package is set to attract and retain competent employees who take pride in their work.
Kansas Children's Service League