Ensures the bank is adhering to governmental regulations and laws and provides assistance to the Compliance Officer, CRA Officer and BSA Officer. Performs various monitoring pertaining to the Community Reinvestment Act, Bank Secrecy Act, USA Patriot Act, Anti-Money Laundering Program, OFAC, and Customer Identification Program compliance using industry standard and regulatory guidance to ensure the Bank’s compliance efforts are maintained on a daily basis.
- Bachelor's Degree in finance, accounting, economics, or related business is preferred; high school diploma required.
- Knowledge of CRA, BSA/AML, U.S. Patriot Act, and OFAC regulations.
- General knowledge and understanding of bank deposit operations, lending activities, and other related consumer banking and compliance functions.
- Strong interpersonal, communication (written and verbal), and organizational skills.
- Strong decision making, analytical and investigative abilities with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Display irreproachable integrity, confidentiality and objectivity.
- Moderate level of understanding of basic personal computer programs (Word and Excel).
- Maintain current knowledge of the Community Reinvestment Act, Bank Secrecy Act, all related anti-money laundering, OFAC and PATRIOT Act regulations
- Ensure daily transactions are appropriately imported into the BSA/AML monitoring system (review Daily Audit log and process daily Vego (ACH, Teller, ATMs, Wires, Monetary Instruments and Miscellaneous) feeds)
- Prepare Currency Transaction Reports (CTRs) for filing to FinCEN, and provide backup for Watch List Manager (WLM) in BAM, CDD/EDD risk rating and monitoring program, daily confirmation of EDD records for new accounts and foreign customers and related tags in BAM+, and Fiserv Web Director report review
- Facilitate the communication of the quality control program with third party firm, provide loan files for sample and communicate findings to management for final report
- As directed by the CRA Officer, gather support for CRA reporting and community development credit.
- As directed by the Compliance Officer, monitor and test compliance programs to ensure the bank complies with internal policies designed to ensure compliance with appropriate laws and regulations associated with lending and deposits
- Provide support to the Compliance Officer regarding vendor management
- Assist with fraud program elements, such as Fiserv report reviews, mobile deposit reviews, etc.
- Assist with internal security and loss investigation activities. (Review Fiserv user account security settings and process and submit counterfeit currency)
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
Landmark National Bank is an EEO/AA/ADA/Veteran employer.
- The physical demands listed below are a requirement to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job the employee is frequently required to sit for long periods of time, speak, and listen; use hands to touch and grasp objects; and to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to walk. Visual ability to view a computer screen for long periods of time is required.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please apply online:
Landmark National Bank
Landmark National Bank offers a competitive salary and benefits package, and is an equal opportunity employer.