Design cost-effective, competitive mechanical and electromechanical products for a wide ranging product line, used primarily in the commercial and military aerospace industry. This includes creating improvements to existing products, and developing new products; all by utilizing a broad array of analytical, design, and hardware skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
· Manages multiple projects effectively.
·Project management includes: Concept-to-production, product support during production, risk reduction and cost reduction initiatives.
· Interprets customer specifications into design features and constraints.
·Presents design ideas based on factors such as design-function relationships, serviceability, manufacturability and customer specifications.
· Develops design models using CAD Software (especially SolidWorks).
· Prepares working drawings to MNAI/industry drawing standards, and layouts from CAD models and design specifications.
· Communicates effectively with customers, suppliers and internal personnel.
· Prepares engineering analysis of projects, to include stress calculations, tolerance stack-ups, etc.
·Prepares technical documents such as technical proposals, stress reports, test procedures, test reports, and Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA), etc.
·Reviews the designs for compliance with applicable codes, adopted engineering standards, and good engineering practices.
·Prepares appropriate presentations, conducts and leads design review meetings that include personnel from different areas, such as Manufacturing, Purchasing, Quality, Marketing, and others.
·Provides project management and engineering support including design, specification review, trouble-shooting. Successfully creates, manages and meets tight schedules/deadlines.
·Communicates and works with in-house machine shop, Purchasing, Planning, Marketing, Operations personnel, Assembly, Quality and suppliers on new designs, design improvements/cost reduction, and current product issues.
·Performs and documents product development, qualification testing (structural and environmental) and maturity testing on new and legacy designs.
·Identifies, communicates, and improves design processes with other personnel; presents design to client and/or Product Team for approval and/or modifications.
· Complies with and conducts business in accordance with the letter, spirit, and intent of all relevant laws and regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions; wherefore, refrains from any illegal, dishonest, unethical conduct. Maintains communications with all employees, vendors, customers and others in a cooperative and professional manner, while treating them in with dignity, respect and courtesy.
· Performs other related duties as required and may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, SKILLS, and/or EXPERIENCE
· Education: Bachelor of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering.
· Work Experience: Preferred background experience of 4-10 years in the Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering industry, utilizing knowledge of product design, materials, machining, and production equipment capabilities, etc. The position is primarily focused on the design and analysis of mechanical components used in the Aerospace industry. The work will be performed using a broad array of analytical, design, and hardware skills.
· In addition, must possess the following critical skills and abilities:
o Design: Understands material properties, manufacturing processes and finishes, and incorporates knowledge into creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; uses feedback to modify designs; applies design principles; strong mechanical aptitude; demonstrates attention to detail.
o Communication: Effective strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to clearly present information to internal and external customers. Ability to interpret and create component or assembly drawings to common industry standards.
o Detail oriented: Ability to perform work and job function with precision and accuracy, realizing that errors can have significant impact on desired results; systematically monitors processes and progress of projects, maintaining documentation records.
o Work habits: Ability to work independently and be self motivated, assuming ownership of all aspects of multiple assigned projects in a fast-paced environment, but also possesses the ability to collaborate with other Engineers and Department members as needed, including the incorporation of constructive critiques.
o Reasoning ability: Can solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, electronic, drawing, diagram, or schedule form.
o Computer literate: Microsoft Windows environment -- MS Office, Inventor, SolidWorks, MathCAD, Pro E, and/or similar.
o U.S. citizen, permanent resident alien or otherwise able to review all export controlled technical information.
o Travel: Domestic and international, as required.
HOW TO APPLY:
Respond with resume to:
MarathonNorco Aerospace, Inc.
P.O. Box 8233
8301 Imperial Dr.
Waco, Texas 76714