Job Location: Waco, Texas
Job Type: Engineer
Main objective of the position
Plans and directs activities concerned with development, application, and maintenance of quality requirements and standards for processes, materials, and manufacturing of products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate(s).
· Develops, applies, and maintains quality standards and methods for inspection, testing, and evaluation. Develops quality inspection plans (Quality Planning), and quality metrics directly related to product quality and quality system (internal and external).
· Possesses the ability to work and interface effectively with Sales and Marketing, Engineering, Operations, Procurement, Suppliers, Customers and Government Representatives.
· Reviews documentation related to internal and external manufacturing processes, to ensure quality products are delivered to the customer.
· Participates as an active member of the Material Review Board, which includes dispositioning non-conforming product, identifying proper containment, along with identification of root cause/corrective action to prevent recurrence.
· Assists the department in the development and maintenance of the Company’s quality standards, process standards and work instructions per AS9100.
· Performs internal and external assessments of processes and procedures to ensure compliance to specifications, engineering drawings, procedures, AS9100 Standard, and FAA regulations.
· Develops quality inspection plans (Quality Planning), working with the quality team for inspection and testing.
· Designs and develops sampling procedures for evaluating and documenting, quality and reliability data.
· Ability to support and/or lead teams to develop or drive improvements to existing supply chain.
· Establishes processes and procedures to evaluate precision and accuracy of production equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical equipment/facilities.
· Possesses production operation knowledge and experience related to customer requirements, manufacturing, engineering and inspection.
· Understands the nature of non-destructive test methods (liquid penetrant, x-ray, mag particle, etc.), along with Geometric Dimension and Tolerancing (GD&T) methods.
· Possesses the knowledge and ability to support Nadcap and the special processing of material: anodize, plating, DFL, heat treat, welding, etc.
· Performs other related duties as required and may be assigned.
Education / Qualifications / Skills
· Education: Bachelor’s Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
· Work Experience: Five (5) or more years aerospace applied experience and/or training in quality systems, ISO9001, AS9100 or FAA.
· Or two year degree plus equivalent combination of education and experience.
In addition, this position requires:
· Excellent PC skills utilizing ERP systems (MAPICS) MS Office, Excel, Access, Word, and Visio.
· Thorough understanding of AS9100 quality systems, FAA/EASA regulations, and Nadcap special processes.
· Experience with PPAP/FAIR’s and NPI/APQP is desirable.
· Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a dynamic environment.
· Knowledge of configuration and data management.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with demonstrated presentation skills.
· Must work well in a team environment and commit to driving continuous improvement.
· Utilizes standard inspection and measuring equipment.
· Ability to read and interpret blueprints and engineering specifications.
· SPC experience and skills (implementation and experience is a plus).
· Diverse knowledge of inspection and control methods, techniques, and documentation.
· Familiarity with FAA, OSHA, EPA, and related state and federal regulations.
· Proficient in root cause/corrective action analysis and auditing methodology.
· U.S. citizen, permanent resident alien or otherwise able to review all export controlled technical information.
HOW TO APPLY:
Respond with resume to:
MarathonNorco Aerospace, Inc.
P.O. Box 8233
8301 Imperial Dr.
Waco, Texas 76714