Responsible for the planning, scheduling, and coordinating of product through the production cycle, monitoring production, and providing input to management. Coordinates production plans and ensures that materials are provided according to schedules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Schedules, coordinates, and expedites flow of materials, parts, and assemblies between sections or departments. Revises schedules according to availability of materials, workers, and production capacity.
- Reviews master production schedule and work orders. When necessary, works with the Customer Service, Marketing, Production Control, Quality Control, and Sales departments to review back order status, prioritize orders, and deal with other potential schedule interruptions or rescheduling.
- Coordinates activities of production department. Plans and maintains production schedules.
- Reviews orders, shipping needs, plant capacity, and inventory before drawing up schedules.
- Develops schedules and timeframe of manufacturing operations in order to meet requirements.
- Serves as the central control for Manufacturing order entry and activity.
- Tracks material usage in the production process. Expedites material shortages in order to meet internal and external customer expectations.
- May assist in process development and the implementation of production procedures to optimize manufacturing processes and reduce manufacturing systems costs. Measures progress by established standards of performance.
- Prepares for and participates in periodic cycle counts.
- Complies with and conducts business in accordance with the letter, spirit, and intent of all relevant laws and regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions; wherefore, refrains from any illegal, dishonest, unethical conduct. Maintains communications with all employees, vendors, customers and others in a cooperative and professional manner, while treating them in with dignity, respect and courtesy.
- Performs other related duties as required and may be assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be a “hands-on” type individual with the ability to interface on the plant floor, along with senior leadership.
ESSENTIAL EDUCATION, SKILLS, and/or EXPERIENCE
- Education: Associate’s Degree (A.A.) preferred, with emphasis in Business Administration, Economics, and/or Engineering.
- Work Experience: One (1) year of progressively responsible purchasing and materials control experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Or, equivalent combination of education and experience in purchasing, planning, scheduling or related field.
In addition, possess the following:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills and familiarity of spreadsheet and word software packages, mainframe operations as relates to procurement related software, knowledge of purchasing and accounting processes.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- U.S. citizen, permanent resident alien or otherwise able to review all export controlled technical information.
HOW TO APPLY:
Respond with resume to:
MarathonNorco Aerospace, Inc.
P.O. Box 8233
8301 Imperial Dr.
Waco, Texas 76714