· Confers with management, Engineering, Quality, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
· Assures continuity of manufacturing operations through maintenance and development of process methods and machinery in relation to the needs dictated by management, quality standards, and sound economics.
· Through direction and coordination of the Manufacturing Engineering group, evaluates and analyzes the design of each application to determine the most economical and functional systems, methods, procedures for manufacture, appropriate tools, equipment, and facilities.
· Reviews production orders or schedules to ascertain product data such as types, quantities, specifications of products, and scheduled delivery dates in order to plan department(s)’ operations.
· Establishes priorities and sequences for manufacturing products. Prepares operational schedules and coordinates manufacturing activities to ensure production and quality of products meets specifications.
· Reviews production and operating reports and resolves operational, manufacturing, and maintenance problems to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays. Inspects machines and equipment to ensure specific operational performance and optimum utilization.
· Develops or revises standard operational and working practices, and observes workers to ensure compliance with standards.
· Develops and maintains an effective organization through selection, training, and motivation of all personnel under his/her control. Directs subordinates in the management of their assigned responsibilities to ensure that they meet objectives and attain satisfactory operation and performance.
· Complies with and conducts business in accordance with the letter, spirit, and intent of all relevant laws and regulations, policies, work procedures, instructions; wherefore, refrains from any illegal, dishonest, unethical conduct. Maintains communications with all employees, vendors, customers and others in a cooperative and professional manner, while treating them in with dignity, respect and courtesy.
· Performs other related duties as required and may be assigned.