See all jobs in Stillwater OK
Job Location: Stillwater, OK
Good grooming and personal hygiene practices required.
Excellent communications and customer service skills required.
Must work well with limited supervision.
Knowledge of general cashiering practices and basic food sanitation required.
Some knowledge of food preparation required.
High School diploma or GED and valid Oklahoma drivers license required.Essential Job Functions
- Responsible for the evening operation of the Skywalk Snack Bar and performing outstanding customer service, training students in customer service, cashiering and cash handling. Assist in catered events while complying with all applicable sanitation, health and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures.
- Responsible for appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, and fraud.
- Responsible for ordering products and ensuring that waste is at a minimum.
- Prepares or directs preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Determines amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems.
- Ensures availability of supplies and food or approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation.
- Makes sure steam tables and food are at the proper temperature and food and displayed appropriate.
- Participate in the planning of menus and purchasing of food and supplies.
- Suggest new menu items and recipes, assist in the analyzing of food and production cost to determine menu prices.
- Responsible for all food service, set-up, service and break down, and proper food rotation and utilizing of left-overs.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature and appearance of food are preserved.
- Completes food temperature checks before service.
- Keeps work area neat and clean at all times; cleans and maintains equipment used in food preparation.
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance to the Production Manager.
- Demonstrates proper skills needed to operate a Snack Bar, to Meridian Technology Center students for training purposes.
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene and health standards and observes proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Knowledge of operating cash register system and complies with MTC cash handling procedures.
- Attends work regularly following a designated work schedule.
- Attends meetings as scheduled by the Production Manager, Culinary Arts Coordinator, Director of Instruction, or Superintendent/CEO.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
This job operates in a small and lively environment, with a hot buffet, hot dog roller and warmers for break items for students.
Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. 8:30 p.m.
Meridian Technology Center (MTC) will issue uniforms to each new employee as part of new-hire assimilation. Uniforms are considered Meridian property and are to be returned in the event of termination of employment. Upon issue, uniforms become the responsibility of the employee for maintenance and care. MTC may issue new uniforms periodically or require uniforms to be returned for special purposes (e.g., logo change, corporate color change). In the event of termination of employment, employees are required to return all issued uniforms as part of the exit process. If all issued uniforms are not returned, MTC will deduct the cost of the uniforms from the final paycheck due the employee (except where such deductions are prohibited by state law). Employees are always expected to dress in a professional manner with neat, clean uniform and appropriate kitchen safe shoes. Certain days may be declared dress down days. On these days, jeans and a more casual approach to dressing is allowed.Standards of Performance
The Culinary Arts Assistant Evening Snack Bar will be evaluated on the previously listed responsibilities twice per year. These evaluations will determine salary increases and career advancement possibilities.Contract Length
Immediately Professional Position Application
How to Apply:
Meridian Technology Center
Meridian Technology Center is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion or veteran status in its educational programs or activities. This includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, admissions, educational services and activities, financial aid and employment.