Bachelors degree or appropriate certificate of training preferred.
Excellent human relations and communication skills required.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office required.
Excellent typing, composition, and proofreading skills required.
Excellent organizational skills and ability to prioritize required.
Must have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment with accuracy. Essential Job Functions
- Perform receptionist tasks, i.e. answering telephone, greeting students, and guests.
- Prepare and manage correspondence: reports, requisitions, invoices, etc., as required.
- Prepare and submit reports required by the Oklahoma Department of Career & Technology Education.
- Maintain files for adjunct instructors, classes, and documentation concerning programming.
- Enter and maintain information in Meridians designated student accounting system for instructors, classes, and students.
- Facilitate enrollment for short-term medical courses.
- Maintain and place orders for instructional materials and supplies when necessary or requested.
- Coordinate with others on classroom assignments and preparing event sheets.
- Maintain individual files for students involved in classes where specific documentation is required by clinical sites.
- Facilitate questions from current and prospective students for short-term medical courses.
- Provide support to the Health Certification Project Test Site.
- Act as an extension of the Bursar as needed.
- Promote Meridian Technology Center, its programs, and employees at every available opportunity.
- Must be able to occasionally lift as much as 20 lbs. (copier paper and training materials).
- Attend staff meetings as requested by the Superintendent, Executive Director of Business & Industry Services or the Director of Short-Term Adult Education.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Work Hours: 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. Monday Thursday & 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Friday Standards of Performance
The Secretary, Short-Term Adult Education, will be evaluated at least twice per year to determine satisfactory performance. These evaluations will determine salary increases and career advancement possibilities. Contract Length
12-month position FLSA Classification
Immediately Professional Position Application
How to Apply:
Meridian Technology Center
Meridian Technology Center is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion or veteran status in its educational programs or activities. This includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, admissions, educational services and activities, financial aid and employment.