Experience in customer service, cash handling, knowledge of food service operations, with skills in organization and sanitation required.
Good grooming and personal hygiene practices required.
Must have excellent communication and customer service skills.
Must work well with limited supervision.
Some knowledge of food preparation required.
High School diploma or GED and valid Oklahoma drivers license required. Essential Job Functions
- Serve food that is pre-packaged or prepared in the main kitchen.
- Operate cash register in compliance with Meridian Technology Center cash handling procedures.
- Prepare daily balance sheet.
- Greet and serve the public in a friendly and professional manner.
- Handle high-demand situations in an appropriate manner.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Clean and sanitize work areas.
- Restock paper supplies.
- Inventory and order supplies
- Prepare foods as needed and assigned.
- Maintain entire skywalk area in clean and orderly manner.
- Clean utensils, pans, equipment, and carts that are used.
- Attend work regularly following a designated work schedule. Utilize assigned working hours (Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m.-8:30 p.m.) efficiently and report any exceptions to the Production Manager.
- Attends meetings as scheduled by the Production Manager, Culinary Arts Coordinator, Director of Instruction, or Superintendent/CEO.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, and frequently required to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. The employee must be able to lift, with assistance, 35 lbs. above head The position requires manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills; and the ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
This job operates in a small and lively environment, with a hot buffet, hot dog roller and warmers for break items for students.
Meridian Technology Center (MTC) will issue uniforms to each new employee as part of new-hire assimilation. Uniforms are considered Meridian property and are to be returned in the event of termination of employment. Upon issue, uniforms become the responsibility of the employee for maintenance and care. MTC may issue new uniforms periodically or require uniforms to be returned for special purposes (e.g., logo change, corporate color change). In the event of termination of employment, employees are required to return all issued uniforms as part of the exit process. If all issued uniforms are not returned, MTC will deduct the cost of the uniforms from the final paycheck due the employee (except where such deductions are prohibited by state law). Employees are always expected to dress in a professional manner with neat, clean uniform and appropriate kitchen safe shoes. Certain days may be declared dress down days. On these days, jeans and a more casual approach to dressing is allowed. Standards of Performance
The Culinary Arts Assistant Evening Snack Bar will be evaluated on the previously listed responsibilities twice per year in accordance with the Meridian Technology Center Performance Review Guidelines. These evaluations will determine salary increases and career advancement possibilities. Contract Length
12-month position FLSA Classification
Immediately Professional Position Application
How to Apply:
Meridian Technology Center
Meridian Technology Center is an equal opportunity employer and, as such, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex/gender, age, disability, religion or veteran status in its educational programs or activities. This includes, but is not limited to, recruitment, admissions, educational services and activities, financial aid and employment.