Michelin, the World-wide leader in Tires, with a commercial presence in over 170 Countries, is recruiting for a BF Goodrich Maintenance Area Manager. If selected for this position, you will receive personalized training in this area to prepare you for work in our Ft. Wayne, IN (BFG4) facility.
The Maintenance Area Manager is focused on leading maintenance and electrical expertise for various types of production equipment.
- Leads a team of up to 45 personnel to include: salaried maintenance technicians, mechanics and electricians on rotating crews to achieve the shop goals in safety, quality, and production.
- Maximizes the up-time of production equipment through identifying problems, analyzing root causes, managing preventive/predictive maintenance, and increasing use of spare parts, etc.
- Guides the effort toward implementation of Michelin Manufacturing Way.
- Mechanical Maintenance Duties: Interpersonal, hands-on role includes shutdown planning and first-hand participation in shutdown project work.
- Project Management: Writes project justifications and technical specifications, guides project teams, chooses vendors, acquires parts, schedules installations, and trains personnel.
- Performs common engineering and management duties: blueprint reading and creation, documentation, AutoCAD, environmental practices.
Michelin believes that a comprehensive benefits plan is an important component of its overall employee Total Rewards Program. A few highlights from the Michelin North America`s Benefits Program:
- Healthcare: Major Medical and preventive care, Dental, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Supplemental Vision Plan
- Life Insurance: Group Term life, Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Retirement and Savings Plan: Defined contribution retirement account, 401k savings plan with matching, 529 college savings plan
- Other Benefits: Ten paid holidays plus vacation, tuition reimbursement, free tires based on year of service, comprehensive relocation assistance
Moving Forward Together: Apply Today!
With over 120 years of dynamic growth, Michelin is recognized as a leading global innovator in mobility and the top selling tire brand worldwide. Michelin designs, manufactures, and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy duty trucks, and motorcycles.
At Michelin you will have the opportunity to let your talents and interests guide your career. Just as tires are a complex blend of elements, so too are people. Your opportunities aren`t limited by your formal education. They are only limited by your imagination. Michelin knows this philosophy is a better way forward for you, for your career, and for the company.
Join Michelin and start your career moving forward!
Apply Today- If you are applying with Michelin for the first time, our application process will take approximately 15 minutes. Thank you for your interest in Michelin!
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact Janet Krupka by email THIS EMAIL or phone 864-458-5066 to let us know the nature of your request.*
- Experience in managing equipment reliability, projects, and automation.
- BS or BA (preferred Mechanical/Electrical Engineering) or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of manufacturing experience.
- Mechanical/Electrical proficiency with a mechanical aptitude.
- Supervisory experience.
- Interpersonal skills.
- Dedicated career managers
- An individualized training program
- High-quality management
- Fair compensation
- A pleasant working environment
How To Apply:
To apply for this position, please click on the link below.
Michelin North America
Michelin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.