Michelin, the worldwide leader in tires, is hiring!
Michelin is currently searching for an Electrical/Automation Engineer. The Electrical/Automation Engineer role includes aspects of design, analysis, and manufacturing. Electrical engineers support the manufacturing processes and equipment by designing, specifying, purchasing and constructing electrical systems and components.
- Designs and acts as project manager, supporting efforts to design, build, install, maintain, and modify our manufacturing equipment.
- Creates initial designs, conducts vendor/contractor management, and oversees installation and startup of projects that range from simple modifications of existing machinery to large-scale expansion projects.
- Provides technical expertise in the maintenance, modification and installation of equipment and machinery.
- Takes part in all electrical related components to include: Various types of sensors, Controls (PLC), Motors, Drives, and Power Distribution
- Spends time in all facets of project management including: Economic justification, design, vendors/procurement, installation, start-up, and training.
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several company locations
- Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide facilities
- 529 college savings plan
- A 401(k) match
- Free tires based upon years of service
- An Employee Assistance Program
- A relocation assistance program
Moving Forward Together: Apply Today!
With over 120 years of dynamic growth, Michelin is recognized as a leading global innovator in mobility and the top selling tire brand worldwide. Michelin designs, manufactures, and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy duty trucks, and motorcycles.
At Michelin you will have the opportunity to let your talents and interests guide your career. Just as tires are a complex blend of elements, so too are people. Your opportunities aren`t limited by your formal education. They are only limited by your imagination. Michelin knows this philosophy is a better way forward for you, for your career, and for the company.
Join Michelin and start your career moving forward!
Apply Today- If you are applying with Michelin for the first time, our application process will take approximately 15 minutes. Thank you for your interest in Michelin!
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact Janet Krupka by email THIS EMAIL to let us know the nature of your request.*
- Bachelor`s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical experience.
- Must have automation design skills, familiarity with electrical drawing standards and familiarity with standard Electrical design components.
- Minimum of 3 years industrial automation design experience.
- Automation design experience in both PLC/ SLC and contrologix platform is preferred.
- Strong experience with drive / motion control is preferred.
- An overall comprehension of mechatronics is an asset.
- Must be very familiar with the use of electrical design tools - Experience with SolidWorks Electrical is a plus. AutoCAD for 2D design with PUMA. Familiarity with commercial package IAB, ProposalWorks and Motion analyser is also required.
- Applicant must be well organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Previous project management and/or team leadership experience is preferred.
- Applicant must have strong communication skills with the ability to influence and resolve issues.
- Dedicated career managers
- An individualized training program
- High-quality management
- Fair compensation
- A pleasant working environment
How To Apply:
To apply for this position, please click on the link below.
Michelin North America
Michelin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.