Michelin, the worldwide leader in tires, is hiring!
Michelin is searching for an Industrial Progress Engineer with strong experience in a manufacturing environment. As the Industrial Progress Engineer, you will lead and manage the continuous improvement in productivity and cost reduction projects in areas that range from specific work posts to corporate systems.
- Utilizes continuous improvement techniques and Lean concepts with the intent of improving process flows, reducing operational expenses, and improving productivity
- Analyze and challenge existing procedures in areas of responsibility throughout the facilities, making recommendations, and working with the operational management to integrate solutions
- Provides guidance and support to operational management by identifying progress opportunities, supporting the Michelin Manufacturing Way, and helping to manage the annual plan and progress plan.
- Develops, Implements and Improves manufacturing processes, tools, equipment and work activities, to meet and exceed the company`s safety, quality, delivery, and cost objectives
- Additional responsibilities include facility staffing planning, productivity planning, machine capacity analysis, process effectiveness analysis, project management, expansion needs analysis, material flow analysis, developing and maintaining engineered time standards, value stream mapping, process flow and line balancing,
Specific IE Functions/Techniques may include:
- Facility manpower (headcount) planning
- Productivity planning with accompanying future strategies for improvement
- Machine capacity analysis and strategies for improvement
- Process effectiveness analysis and strategies for improvement
- Development, implementation, and follow-up of various management information indicators
- Expansion needs analysis
- Material flow analysis
- Developing and maintaining engineered time standards
Michelin believes that a comprehensive benefits plan is an important component of its overall employee Total Rewards Program. A few highlights from the Michelin North America`s Benefits Program:
- Healthcare: Major Medical and preventive care, Dental, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), Supplemental Vision Plan
- Life Insurance: Group Term life, Short-Term and Long-Term disability
- Retirement and Savings Plan: Defined contribution retirement account, 401k savings plan with matching, 529 college savings plan
- Other Benefits: Ten paid holidays plus vacation, tuition reimbursement, free tires based on year of service, comprehensive relocation assistance
Michelin is the worldwide leader in providing a better way forward for the people who rely on vehicles in all shapes and sizes from cars, trucks and motorcycles to airplanes, earthmovers, tractors and more. Based in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America employs about 22,700 and operates 19 major manufacturing plants.
As a mobility company, Michelin is a place where innovation thrives. The Company`s dedication to sustainable mobility guides our purpose and defines our success for our customers, for our employees, for our communities and for society, in North America and around the globe.
Michelin has earned a long-standing reputation for delivering premium products and services -from the industry-leading tires we produce to the travel experiences we make possible. Michelin helps you connect with memorable experiences through our travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases. For more than a century, Michelin has served as a trusted partner for the journey ahead.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Michelin`s status as a great place to work has been validated by the leading authorities on workplace culture:
- Forbes annual survey of "America`s Best Large Employers," No. 1 Automotive employer and No. 34 Overall
- Certified as a Great Workplace by Great Place to Work Institute.
- Thomson Reuters, No. 2 in the top 100 most diverse and inclusive organizations globally
- AARP, one of the "Best Employers for Workers Over 50"
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring that you will c ome for a job but stay for a career. More than 75 percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow and realize their purpose across the span of their individual careers.
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin today.
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at THIS EMAIL to let us know the nature of your request.*
- BS in Industrial Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technical major
- Two to five years of industrial or manufacturing related engineering experience. Equivalent internship, Co-op or project experience is acceptable.
- Demonstrated leadership experience
- Project management experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to set and achieve goals with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrated solid teamwork, interpersonal and planning skills
- Dedicated career managers
- An individualized training program
- High-quality management
- Fair compensation
- A pleasant working environment
How To Apply:
To apply for this position, please click on the link below.
Michelin North America
Michelin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.