See all jobs in Greenville SC
Job Location: Greenville, SC
Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, is hiring!
The Public Relations Manager reports directly to the Director of Public Relations, Corporate Affairs. S/he represents Michelin North America`s various brands, services and product lines to the media and other external stakeholders in support of respective business objectives. The PR Manager builds brand equity and enhances the corporate reputation by developing and executing positive media interactions and public relations initiatives. The PR Manager also supports other core functions within the press office team as needed, including crisis/issue management, budgeting and other matters that may arise.
- Develops and executes strategic communication plans or tactics for all assigned corporate initiatives, product lines and business units, which may include corporate announcements, new product launches, brand marketing, promotions, trade and industry events.
- Supervises the implementation of strategic plans and communications support, coordinating transverse or cross-functional working groups, and reporting to all levels of corporate leadership (department, unit, zone or Group), as the program requires.
- Develops and supervises the public relations portions of the product line and brand budgets to include development and approving expenditures, vendor selection, and tracking performance against objectives.
- Special emphasis on PR support for Michelin`s 2-Wheel segment (Moto and Velo)
- Special emphasis on PR support for Michelin`s Travel and Lifestyle unit, which includes Michelin`s iconic "Red Guides" in four U.S. cities, Michelin travel guides, related "Michelin experiences," a portfolio of products licensed under Michelin brand, and other related activities.
- Monitoring and reporting key performance metrics for the PR practice in U.S. and Canada.
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several company locations
- Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide facilities
- 529 college savings plan
- A 401(k) match
- Free tires based upon years of service
- An Employee Assistance Program
- A relocation assistance program
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at THIS EMAIL
Michelin is the worldwide leader in providing a better way forward for the people who rely on vehicles in all shapes and sizes from cars, trucks and motorcycles to airplanes, earthmovers, tractors and more. Based in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America employs about 22,700 and operates 19 major manufacturing plants.
As a mobility company, Michelin is a place where innovation thrives. The Company`s dedication to sustainable mobility guides our purpose and defines our success for our customers, for our employees, for our communities and for society, in North America and around the globe.
Michelin has earned a long-standing reputation for delivering premium products and services -from the industry-leading tires we produce to the travel experiences we make possible. Michelin helps you connect with memorable experiences through our travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases. For more than a century, Michelin has served as a trusted partner for the journey ahead.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Michelin`s status as a great place to work has been validated by the leading authorities on workplace culture:
- Forbes annual survey of "America`s Best Large Employers," No. 1 Automotive employer and No. 34 Overall
- Certified as a Great Workplace by Great Place to Work Institute.
- Thomson Reuters, No. 2 in the top 100 most diverse and inclusive organizations globally
- AARP, one of the "Best Employers for Workers Over 50"
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring that you will c ome for a job but stay for a career. More than 75 percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow and realize their purpose across the span of their individual careers.
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin today.
- BA/BS degree or higher in Public Relations, journalism, communications or related discipline
- 5-7 years` experience in national/multi-national public relations categories.
- PR experience supporting outdoor/adventure segments as well as restaurants, cuisine, hospitality, entertainment or retail segments preferred.
- Must demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills; a skills assessment may be required.
- Foreign-language competence in French is considered a strong benefit (but not required).
- Dedicated career managers
- An individualized training program
- High-quality management
- Fair compensation
- A pleasant working environment
How To Apply:
To apply for this position, please click on the link below.
Michelin North America
Michelin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.