See all jobs in Greenville SC
Job Location: Greenville, SC
Michelin, the worldwide leader in tires, is hiring!
Michelin is currently searching for a Lead Mechanical Project Engineer in Greenville, SC. The Lead Mechanical Project Engineer role includes aspects of project management, technical specification, design, analysis, installation management, equipment start-up and manufacturing. Mechanical engineers support the manufacturing processes and equipment in one or several manufacturing facilities by designing, specifying, purchasing and constructing mechanical systems and components. Engineers are expected to spend a fair amount of time in hands-on activities. Interaction with all levels of employees will be encountered. This is sometimes accomplished through the management of contract engineering resources.
- This position includes roles as a designer and project manager for systems in a manufacturing facility, supporting efforts to design, build, install, maintain, and modify our manufacturing equipment.
- Create initial designs, assist to define functional specifications for new machines and systems, develop estimates and budget, assure procurement of parts and systems, monitors mechanical equipment fabrication, conduct vendor/contractor management, deliver complete and current technical documentation, and oversee installation and startup of projects that range from simple modifications of existing machinery to large-scale expansion projects.
- Have hands-on involvement with equipment and processes by being available to the operators and maintenance personnel and gaining detailed knowledge of the process.
- Provide technical expertise in the maintenance, modification and installation of equipment and machinery in the tire manufacturing process, including technical assistance for problem solving analysis.
- Participate in all facets of project management including: Economic justification, design, vendors/procurement, installation, start-up, qualification, machine acceptance, training for operations & maintenance, project reviews and technical documentation acceptance.
- Provide liaison between facility engineering, central quality, methods and purchasing teams, and equipment suppliers to assure good mutual system requirement understanding.
- Must be willing to travel at least 30% - 50% (domestic and international).
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several company locations
- Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide facilities
- 529 college savings plan
- A 401(k) match
- Free tires based upon years of service
- An Employee Assistance Program
- A relocation assistance program
Michelin is the worldwide leader in providing a better way forward for the people who rely on vehicles in all shapes and sizes from cars, trucks and motorcycles to airplanes, earthmovers, tractors and more. Based in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America employs about 22,700 and operates 19 major manufacturing plants.
As a mobility company, Michelin is a place where innovation thrives. The Company`s dedication to sustainable mobility guides our purpose and defines our success for our customers, for our employees, for our communities and for society, in North America and around the globe.
Michelin has earned a long-standing reputation for delivering premium products and services -from the industry-leading tires we produce to the travel experiences we make possible. Michelin helps you connect with memorable experiences through our travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases. For more than a century, Michelin has served as a trusted partner for the journey ahead.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Michelin`s status as a great place to work has been validated by the leading authorities on workplace culture:
- Forbes annual survey of "America`s Best Large Employers," No. 1 Automotive employer and No. 34 Overall
- Certified as a Great Workplace by Great Place to Work Institute.
- Thomson Reuters, No. 2 in the top 100 most diverse and inclusive organizations globally
- AARP, one of the "Best Employers for Workers Over 50"
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring that you will c ome for a job but stay for a career. More than 75 percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow and realize their purpose across the span of their individual careers.
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin today.
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at THIS EMAIL
- Bachelor`s degree in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 3 years industrial mechanical design experience, preferably in a plant environment.
- Experience with AutoCad Mechanical and/or SolidWorks 3D solid modeling software.
- Applicant must have excellent interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to set and achieve goals with minimum supervision. The applicant must be able to develop positive relationships with customers.
- Applicant must be well organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Demonstrated the necessary teamwork, communication, and planning skills to achieve strategic goals. Previous project management and/or team leadership experience is preferred.
- Applicant must have strong communication skills with the ability to influence and resolve issues. Both written and verbal communication skills are essential. Ability to communicate with French counterparts on technical issues is preferred.
- Applicant must maintain a high degree of confidentiality in dealings with outside contractors and equipment suppliers.
- Applicant must be willing to travel up to 30%-50% (domestic and some international) in support of the above duties and responsibilities
- Dedicated career managers
- An individualized training program
- High-quality management
- Fair compensation
- A pleasant working environment
How To Apply:
To apply for this position, please click on the link below.
Michelin North America
Michelin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.