See all jobs in Tuscaloosa AL
Job Location: Tuscaloosa, AL
Michelin, the worldwide leader in tires, is hiring!
Michelin is currently searching for a Lead Automation Engineer. The Lead Automation Engineer role includes providing technical solutions to maintain and improve the operations of the installed processes. The role also assists with the installation and commissioning of new
Process equipment and uses technical expertise to support the equipment.
- Designs and acts as project manager, supporting efforts to develop technical specification, feasibility analysis, leading safety risk analysis of processes, timeline development in our manufacturing environment.
- Utilizes technical automation skills to support the operation of current process equipment and assist with the installation of new process equipment.
- Provides technical support, including documentation research and creation, technical training to support personnel and the development of process knowledge on new equipment.
- Ensures a safe working environment for service providers and facility personnel.
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several company locations
- Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide facilities
- 529 college savings plan
- A 401(k) match
- Free tires based upon years of service
- An Employee Assistance Program
- A relocation assistance program
Michelin is the worldwide leader in providing a better way forward for the people who rely on vehicles in all shapes and sizes from cars, trucks and motorcycles to airplanes, earthmovers, tractors and more. Based in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America employs about 22,700 and operates 19 major manufacturing plants.
As a mobility company, Michelin is a place where innovation thrives. The Company`s dedication to sustainable mobility guides our purpose and defines our success for our customers, for our employees, for our communities and for society, in North America and around the globe.
Michelin has earned a long-standing reputation for delivering premium products and services -from the industry-leading tires we produce to the travel experiences we make possible. Michelin helps you connect with memorable experiences through our travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases. For more than a century, Michelin has served as a trusted partner for the journey ahead.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Michelin`s status as a great place to work has been validated by the leading authorities on workplace culture:
- Forbes annual survey of "America`s Best Large Employers," No. 1 Automotive employer and No. 34 Overall
- Certified as a Great Workplace by Great Place to Work Institute.
- Thomson Reuters, No. 2 in the top 100 most diverse and inclusive organizations globally
- AARP, one of the "Best Employers for Workers Over 50"
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring that you will c ome for a job but stay for a career. More than 75 percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow and realize their purpose across the span of their individual careers.
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin today.
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at THIS EMAIL
- Bachelor`s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent technical experience.
- Must have automation design skills, familiarity with electrical drawing standards and familiarity with standard Electrical design components.
- Minimum of 3 years industrial automation design experience.
- Must be familiar with Rockwell PLCs, HMIs, Networks, and Controls, Rockwell and Emerson drives, Cognex Cameras and Barcode readers, and AutoCAD
- Experience with IO-Link is a plus
- A good mechanical aptitude with mechanical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems is a plus.
- Dedicated career managers
- An individualized training program
- High-quality management
- Fair compensation
- A pleasant working environment
How To Apply:
To apply for this position, please click on the link below.
Michelin North America
Michelin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.