Michelin, the Worldwide leader in Tires, with a commercial presence in over 170 Countries is currently searching for a Michelin Guide Inspector. The Michelin Guide Inspector anonymously inspects restaurants and hotels for the MICHELIN guides and determines their suitability for inclusion in our selections in North America and relevant classifications.
- Maintains the integrity and reputation of the MICHELIN guide in the industry and press.
- Maintains 100% anonymity both individually and of team members.
- Makes a minimum of 275 inspection meals/visits per year across assigned markets
- Writes a detailed report for each meal, including one social media post from your experience
- Takes high-quality photographs during each meal for use in print, digital, and/or social media
- Plans up to three weeks of monthly travel to assigned markets including booking plane/train tickets, hotels, car rentals
- Closely monitors a variety of media outlets (national/local news, blogs, social media, etc.) for restaurant openings, closings, chef movement and all other relevant information
- Maintains an organized master list of high profile restaurant visits and decisions for tracking and planning purposes
- Collaborates with production staff to proof read and fact-check multiple rounds of print products during annual re-edition period, including selection text, data, photography, maps, introductions, etc.
- Completes company required online and in-person training in a timely manner
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles.
Michelin also offers a full range of innovative services and solutions that help make mobility safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. To create unique mobility experiences, Michelin publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases. Headquartered in Greenville, S.C.,
Michelin North America employs more than 20,000 people and operates 19 major manufacturing plants in the U.S. and Canada.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Michelin`s status as a great place to work has been validated by the leading authorities on workplace culture:
- Forbes annual survey of "America`s Best Large Employers," No. 1 Overall
- Certified as a Great Workplace by Great Place to Work Institute.
- Thomson Reuters, No. 2 in the top 100 most diverse and inclusive organizations globally
- AARP, one of the "Best Employers for Workers Over 50"
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring that you will c ome for a job but stay for a career. More than 75 percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow and realize their purpose across the span of their individual careers.
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin today.
Motivated by our Purpose - We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- Parental leave
- Maternity leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several company locations
- Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide facilities
- 529 college savings plan
- A 401(k) match
- Free tires based upon years of service
- An Employee Assistance Program
- A relocation assistance program
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at THIS EMAIL
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship
- Bachelor`s degree in culinary, food studies, hotel management or equivalent degree.
- 5+ years` of experience in hotel, restaurant or other relevant industry
- This position requires flexible travel schedule along with regular evening work hours.
- Integrity, discretion and respect for requirement of anonymity
- Extensive international knowledge of ingredients, culinary techniques, cuisines, and culinary fundamentals.
- Flexibility; ability to adjust to change easily and adapt to changing work environment; Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail, strong skills of observation, memory for cuisine
- Excellent writing skills, Solid organizational skills
- Natural sensory talent for tasting, analyzing food
- Good interpersonal skills, able to work collaboratively and remotely.
- Work experience as a sommelier or strong wine knowledge
- Must have a driver`s license.
- Dedicated career managers
- An individualized training program
- High-quality management
- Fair compensation
- A pleasant working environment
How To Apply:
To apply for this position, please click on the link below.
Michelin North America
Michelin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.