See all jobs in USA-Nationwide US
Job Location: USA-Nationwide, US
Michelin, the worldwide leader in tires, is hiring!
Michelin is currently searching for enthusiastic college students looking for Internship employment opportunities in manufacturing, research and development, and corporate services. Typical opportunities include but are not limited to:
Potential Areas and Responsibilities:
Research & Development
Help study and design new rubber compounds, new tire designs, and perform studies that enhance our knowledge of tire performance. Complete productivity projects to help industrialize rubber compounds. Develop and upgrade test equipment and test protocols for tire and material testing.
Analyze process data and define parameters to achieve the quality goals of the facility. Ensures that the manufactured product adheres to a defined set of quality criteria and meets the requirements of the client or customer.
Assist with productivity, cost reduction and continuous improvement projects. Utilize Industrial Engineer techniques and Lean concepts with the intent of improving process flows, reducing operational expenses, and improving productivity.
Study the manufacturing processes in order to propose reliable solutions or re-designs as needed. Other examples of projects include designing sub-assemblies to retrofit existing or new equipment and recommend solutions for upgrades as well as completing projects focused on reliability engineering.
Assist with continuous improvement projects focused on network design, transportation optimization, and warehouse operations with the intent of improving process flows, reducing operational expenses and improving productivity.
Work with an external service provider to improve tracking of sea container shipments of raw materials, assist with implementation of new IT tools, develop inventory targets for tire distribution and commercial centers; map processes to recommend improvements, and create links between the sales organization and the supply chain to improve the forecast.
Implement new software; participate in projects to develop applications that improve efficiency or automate manual processes (using JAVA, Visual Basic, etc). Analyze new technology and innovative approaches to application design and development.
Marketing & Sales
Evaluate software to improve efficiency. Conduct social media analysis. Create competitive comparison analyses. Participate in sales forecasting. Observe customer sales calls and meetings. Complete projects supporting the Marketing & Sales function
Conduct customer credit analyses, analyze foreign exchange operations management, and perform financial analysis of consolidated operations.
Benefits of a Michelin Internship or Co-op:
- Challenging, hands-on, highly visible projects
- Great professional development opportunities
- Plenty of networking opportunities
- Receive personalized support
- Learn about Michelin`s culture and values
- Work for a global company
- Standard benefits including:
- Competitive Compensation
- Housing Allowance (applicable based on criteria qualification)
- Holidays / Vacation: Paid holidays and vacation based on the length of the work period.
- Longevity: All work periods will be cumulative for benefits, vacation, retirement, and service awards if you become a regular employee
Motivated by our Purpose- We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- Parental leave
- Maternity leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several company locations
- Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide facilities
- 529 college savings plan
- A 401(k) match
- Free tires based upon years of service
- An Employee Assistance Program
- A relocation assistance program
Moving Forward Together: Apply Today!
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles. Michelin also offers a full range of innovative services and solutions that help make mobility safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. To create unique mobility experiences, Michelin publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases. Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America employs more than 20,000 people and operates 19 major manufacturing plants in the U.S. and Canada.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Michelin`s status as a great place to work has been validated by the leading authorities on workplace culture:
- Forbes annual survey of "America`s Best Large Employers," No. 1 Overall
- Certified as a Great Workplace by Great Place to Work Institute.
- Thomson Reuters, No. 2 in the top 100 most diverse and inclusive organizations globally
- AARP, one of the "Best Employers for Workers Over 50"
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring that you will c ome for a job but stay for a career. More than 75 percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow and realize their purpose across the span of their individual careers.
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin today.
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at THIS EMAIL
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship
- Pursuing a BS/MS degree at an accredited university or college
- Good communication skills
- Adaptable to project changes
- High initiative and ability to work autonomously
- 3.0 min. cumulative GPA
- Geographic flexibility
- Dedicated career managers
- An individualized training program
- High-quality management
- Fair compensation
- A pleasant working environment
How To Apply:
To apply for this position, please click on the link below.
Michelin North America
Michelin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.