See all jobs in Greenville SC
Job Location: Greenville, SC
The Site Environmental Specialist assists the site EHS manager and team in the responsibilities with respect to the protection of the environment. The Site Environmental Specialist implements the environmental plan defined for the site and leads the normal day-to-day operations which result from it, as well as assures that the site is in conformity with regulations and Group standards.
- Ensures the area`s compliance with environmental management system.
- Represents the site management in day-to-day communication with local environment authorities.
- Prepares and ensures the follow-up of the analyses of environmental risk (gap analysis)
- Prepares the implementation plans intended to comply with the environmental standard requirement and controls their implementation.
- Establishes the rules, procedures, and instructions applicable to the site in the domain of the environment, and does periodic reviews to assure their application.
- Organizes maintenance of all detection and protection equipment and periodically tests their operation.
- Assures that all precautions are taken to prevent and to contain the environmental risk for all engineering work on the site.
- Analyzes all site projects to check or include environmental requirements.
- Contributes to the completion of environmental awareness and training programs to employees and managers
- Alerts the site EHS manager and management of all serious non-conformances or all persistent risks, and proposes essential corrective actions.
- Routinely analyzes every environmental event that occurs onsite, and implements action plans to avoid reoccurrence.
- Carries out the duties delegated by the site EHS manager (current routine responsibilities like authorizations for access to the site)
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles. Michelin also offers a full range of innovative services and solutions that help make mobility safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly.
To create unique mobility experiences, Michelin publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases. Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America employs more than 20,000 people and operates 19 major manufacturing plants in the U.S. and Canada.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Michelin`s status as a great place to work has been validated by the leading authorities on workplace culture:
- Forbes annual survey of "America`s Best Large Employers," No. 1 Overall
- Certified as a Great Workplace by Great Place to Work Institute.
- Thomson Reuters, No. 2 in the top 100 most diverse and inclusive organizations globally
- AARP, one of the "Best Employers for Workers Over 50"
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring that you will c ome for a job but stay for a career. More than 75 percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow and realize their purpose across the span of their individual careers.
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin today.
Motivated by our Purpose
- We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- Parental leave
- Maternity leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several company locations
- Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide facilities
- 529 college savings plan
- A 401(k) match
- Free tires based upon years of service
- An Employee Assistance Program
- A relocation assistance program
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at THIS EMAIL
This position is not available for immigration sponsorship
- 3-5 years experiences in an environmental role or related function preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelor`s degree in Environmental Science or closely related degree.
- Familiar with environmental compliance processes (CAA, RCRA, CWA, SARA, EPCRA, NPDES, Title V, ).
- Experience with State and Local environmental agencies.
- RCRA and DOT certification is a plus.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Key Competencies: analytical, environmental, self-motivated, integrity.
- Dedicated career managers
- An individualized training program
- High-quality management
- Fair compensation
- A pleasant working environment
How To Apply:
To apply for this position, please click on the link below.
Michelin North America
Michelin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.