See all jobs in Louisville KY
Job Location: Louisville, KY
Michelin, the World-wide leader in Tires, with a commercial presence in over 170 Countries, is recruiting for a Process Engineer. If selected for this position, you will receive personalized training in this area to prepare you for work in our Louisville, KY (ASRC) facility.
The Process Engineer`s mission is to lead and manage the optimization of the manufacturing process for both legacy and next generation products. You will act as the process engineering expert for a given area within the manufacturing site. Initial training will include formal classes and on-the-job mentoring under an experienced engineer.
- Driving progress towards process optimization by studying and analyzing performance data then developing and deploying engineering solutions
- Performs process design and development work within the facility
- Assuring product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes
- Providing guidance and support to operational management and shop team through quality expertise leading and facilitating the optimization of new product industrializations
- Assuming responsibility for quality improvements as they relate to an area within a facility or a specific project or projects within a facility.
- Optimization of the process to reduce cost and improve flexibility through the implementation of Best Practices.
- Managing the application of root cause analysis in problem solving.
- Provides technical guidance to the manufacturing facility as it industrializes new technology or new processes
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Participate in Product Quality Planning (impact analysis, preliminary capability, FMEA, Quality Plan, training needs)
- Applies hands on technical troubleshooting skills to existing processes with quality problems.
Motivated by our Purpose- We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several company locations
- Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide facilities
- 529 college savings plan
- A 401 (k) match
- Free tires based upon years of service
- An Employee Assistance Program
Michelin is the world-wide leader in providing a better way forward for the people who rely on vehicles in all shapes and sizes from cars, trucks and motorcycles to airplanes, earthmovers, tractors and more. Based in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America employs about 22,700 and operates 19 major manufacturing plants.
As a mobility company, Michelin is a place where innovation thrives. The Company`s dedication to sustainable mobility guides our purpose and defines our success for our customers, for our employees, for our communities and for society, in North America and around the globe.
Michelin has earned a long-standing reputation for delivering premium products and services -from the industry-leading tires we produce to the travel experiences we make possible. Michelin helps you connect with memorable experiences through our travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases. For more than a century, Michelin has served as a trusted partner for the journey ahead.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Michelin`s status as a great place to work has been validated by the leading authorities on workplace culture:
*Forbes annual survey of "America`s Best Large Employers," No. 1 Automotive employer and No. 34 Overall
*Certified as a Great Workplace by Great Place to Work Institute.
*Thomson Reuters, No. 2 in the top 100 most diverse and inclusive organizations globally
*AARP, one of the "Best Employers for Workers Over 50"
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring that you will come for a job but stay for a career. More than 75 percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow and realize their purpose across the span of their individual careers.
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin today.
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at THIS EMAIL .
- B.S. Degree in Chemical or Material Science Engineering with a strong manufacturing background.
- 3-5 years direct experience in a Quality/Process Engineering role within a manufacturing environment.
- Co-op or Internship experience in manufacturing environment.
- Comfortable Presenting Technical Information.
- Strong Leadership and Teamwork Skills.
- Willingness to work in a manufacturing environment.
- Dedicated career managers
- An individualized training program
- High-quality management
- Fair compensation
- A pleasant working environment
How To Apply:
To apply for this position, please click on the link below.
Michelin North America
Michelin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.