See all jobs in Fort Wayne IN
Job Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Michelin, the World-wide leader in Tires, with a commercial presence in over 170 Countries, is recruiting for a Material Process Engineer. If selected for this position, you will receive personalized training in this area to prepare you for work in our Ft. Wayne, IN (BFG4) facility.
The Material Process Engineer performs industrialization of material and process models. He/she provides industrial materials which are adapted to and developed for the process of the activity, as well as, methods enabling respect for quality, cost and timing objectives. The mission is to lead and manage the optimization of materials for both legacy and next generation products. Initial training will include formal classes and on-the-job mentoring under an experienced engineer.
- Development and industrialization of materials respecting definition specifications and industrial constraints
- Locally apply quality assurance testing and statistical methods
- Industrialize the phases of product/process methodologies as the quality planning correspondent
- Analyze, adapt, and apply applicable company-wide specification documentation
- Ensure robustness of industrial models, methods, and practices
- Ensure success rate of materials industrialization milestones
- Support continuous improvement of overall plant industrial performance
- Assist production shops in resolving problems in normal daily operations
- Contributes to local quality planning
- Performs material development by making necessary process adjustments
- Participates in local risk analysis to complete and guarantee the quality plan
- Assures application of the material, as defined, and the utilization of related documents
- Analyzes company-wide central documents and locally adapts them
- Driving progress towards process optimization by studying and analyzing performance data then developing and deploying engineering solutions
- Assuring product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes
- Providing guidance and support to operational management and shop team through quality expertise leading and facilitating the optimization of new product industrializations
- Optimization of the process to reduce cost and improve flexibility through the implementation of Best Practices
- Managing the application of root cause analysis in problem solving.
- Provides technical guidance to the manufacturing facility as it industrializes new technology or new processes
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Participate in Product Quality Planning (impact analysis, preliminary capability, FMEA, Quality Plan, training needs)
- Assist with hands on technical troubleshooting skills to existing processes with quality problems
Motivated by our Purpose- We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several company locations
- Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide facilities
- 529 college savings plan
- A 401 (k) match
- Free tires based upon years of service
- An Employee Assistance Program
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles. Michelin also offers a full range of innovative services and solutions that help make mobility safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. To create unique mobility experiences, Michelin publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases. Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America employs more than 20,000 people and operates 19 major manufacturing plants in the U.S. and Canada.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Michelin`s status as a great place to work has been validated by the leading authorities on workplace culture:
- Forbes annual survey of "America`s Best Large Employers," No. 1 overall
- Certified as a Great Workplace by Great Place to Work Institute.
- Thomson Reuters, No. 2 in the top 100 most diverse and inclusive organizations globally
- AARP, one of the "Best Employers for Workers Over 50"
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring that you will c ome for a job but stay for a career. More than 75 percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow and realize their purpose across the span of their individual careers.
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin today.
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at THIS EMAIL .
1. B.S. Degree in Chemical, Material Science, or Polymer Engineering with a strong manufacturing background (new college graduates will be considered)
2. For degreed engineers, 3-5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment
3. For new college graduates, 2-3 Co-op or Internship rotations in a manufacturing environment
4. Strong Leadership and Teamwork Skills
5. Knowledge of quality systems and quality control is a plus
6. Lean Six Sigma certification or training
- Dedicated career managers
- An individualized training program
- High-quality management
- Fair compensation
- A pleasant working environment
How To Apply:
To apply for this position, please click on the link below.
Michelin North America
Michelin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.