See all jobs in Fort Wayne IN
Job Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Michelin, the World-wide leader in Tires, with a commercial presence in over 170 Countries, is recruiting for its Production Business Unit Leader Pipeline in one of our manufacturing facilities. If selected for this position, you will receive personalized training in this area to prepare you for work in our Ft. Wayne, IN - (BFG4) facility.
The Business Unit Leader (Pipeline) is a developmental role with an initial 3 year assignment as a rotating shift supervisor. Upon successful completion of the shift supervisor rotations, the candidate will be placed into a Business Unit Leader position. Then, her/his focus is to facilitate the efforts of plant personnel with processing equipment. He or she has responsibility for meeting production, quality, and budget targets. The BUL assumes responsibility for a team of 45 hourly team members in a manufacturing facility. The process for which the person has responsibility is a 24 hour/day, 7 day/week operation.
- Establish and manage day-to-day priorities of the process and direct reports.
- Ensure production and quality goals are met per the plant business plan.
- Establish and manage the cost control budget for area equipment.
- Schedule employee training and work responsibilities such that timely progression to certification is achieved.
- Manage employee performance, provide guidance, appraise and counsel individual employees to further develop their interpersonal skills and improve performance.
- Provide team communication on company, plant, and department business plan objectives and performance.
- Facilitate communication between business units, teams and team members.
- Lead the continuous improvement in people, teams, and processes.
- Monitor business unit results and take appropriate action.
- Create future objectives for the business unit.
- Ensure employees pay records are accurate and resolve any employee pay issues.
- Coach and counsel teams.
- Provide awareness and management of departmental environmental aspects and support of departmental targets and objectives
Motivated by our Purpose- We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several company locations
- Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide facilities
- 529 college savings plan
- A 401 (k) match
- Free tires based upon years of service
- An Employee Assistance Program
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles. Michelin also offers a full range of innovative services and solutions that help make mobility safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. To create unique mobility experiences, Michelin publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases. Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America employs more than 20,000 people and operates 19 major manufacturing plants in the U.S. and Canada.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Michelin`s status as a great place to work has been validated by the leading authorities on workplace culture:
- Forbes annual survey of "America`s Best Large Employers," No. 1 employer Overall
- Certified as a Great Workplace by Great Place to Work Institute.
- Thomson Reuters, No. 2 in the top 100 most diverse and inclusive organizations globally
- AARP, one of the "Best Employers for Workers Over 50"
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring that you will c ome for a job but stay for a career. More than 75 percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow and realize their purpose across the span of their individual careers.
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin today.
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at THIS EMAIL .
- BA/BS degree (prefer technical degree) with 3 years related experience.
- Must be willing to rotate shifts for first 3 years in position.
- Application knowledge/understanding of production management tools.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to work with all levels of organization, internally and externally.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to motivate and influence others in a positive manner.
- Dedicated career managers
- An individualized training program
- High-quality management
- Fair compensation
- A pleasant working environment
How To Apply:
To apply for this position, please click on the link below.
Michelin North America
Michelin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.