See all jobs in Fort Wayne IN
Job Location: Fort Wayne, IN
Michelin, the World-wide leader in Tires, with a commercial presence in over 170 Countries, is recruiting for a Product Function Engineer. If selected for this position, you will receive personalized training in this area to prepare you for work in our Ft. Wayne, IN (BFG4) facility.
The Product Function Engineer`s mission is to design and industrialize tires that meet product and industrial performances for replacement market. The position offers a balance of design and manufacturing, with progressive levels of responsibilities. Initial training will include formal classes and on-the-job mentoring under an experienced engineer.
- Lead Quality Planning for assigned tires and projects, allowing the factory to manufacture a tire that conforms to the industrial performance targets
- Translate tire designs into manufacturing specifications
- Industrialize the tire that respects the target timing, optimizes product and process compatibility, and conforms with the industrial performance targets
- Evaluate prototype tire build results for conformance to design and manufacturing criteria
- Provide technical support to the factory to ensure continual improvement of assigned tires
Motivated by our Purpose- We Care about Giving People a Better Way Forward - Michelin offers our employees a comprehensive Total Rewards package with competitive well-being, health care, life insurance and retirement benefits and perks such as:
- Parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Family health care centers and fitness facilities at several company locations
- Fitness membership reimbursement through a network of nationwide facilities
- 529 college savings plan
- A 401 (k) match
- Free tires based upon years of service
- An Employee Assistance Program
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles. Michelin also offers a full range of innovative services and solutions that help make mobility safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. To create unique mobility experiences, Michelin publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases. Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America employs more than 20,000 people and operates 19 major manufacturing plants in the U.S. and Canada.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Michelin`s status as a great place to work has been validated by the leading authorities on workplace culture:
- Forbes annual survey of "America`s Best Large Employers," No. 1 employer overall
- Certified as a Great Workplace by Great Place to Work Institute.
- Thomson Reuters, No. 2 in the top 100 most diverse and inclusive organizations globally
- AARP, one of the "Best Employers for Workers Over 50"
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring that you will c ome for a job but stay for a career. More than 75 percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow and realize their purpose across the span of their individual careers.
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin today.
Michelin is an equal employment opportunity employer of minorities, women, veterans and the disabled. If you need accommodation for any part of the employment process because of a disability, please contact us at THIS EMAIL .
1. BS in an engineering field (Mechanical Engineering preferred).
2. For new grads, design experience in school, co-op, or intern programs
3. For others, 2-5 years of design experience, in addition to the engineering degree
4. Demonstrate the ability to meet project milestones based on a specific timeline for multiple projects simultaneously
5. CAD computer knowledge
- Dedicated career managers
- An individualized training program
- High-quality management
- Fair compensation
- A pleasant working environment
How To Apply:
To apply for this position, please click on the link below.
Michelin North America
Michelin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.