Michelin is currently searching for a Senior Production Shop Manager at our BFGoodrich facility in Tuscaloosa, Alabama. The Senior Production Shop Manager has responsibility for a team of 2-5 business unit leaders (first level managers) in a 24-hour, 7-day per week manufacturing facility and has responsibility for meeting production, quality, and budget targets. After a training period of 12 to 18 months, the candidate would assume the following responsibilities.
- Establishes and manages daily priorities of the process and direct reports
- Ensures production and quality goals are met per the business plan
- Establishes and manages the budget
- Schedules employee training and assigns responsibilities to achieve timely progression to certification
- Monitors employee performance, appraisals and counsels employees to improve their interpersonal skills and performance
- Provides team communication on business plan objectives and performance.
Dedicated to the improvement of sustainable mobility, Michelin designs, manufactures and sells tires for every type of vehicle, including airplanes, automobiles, bicycles, earthmovers, farm equipment, heavy-duty trucks and motorcycles. Michelin also offers a full range of innovative services and solutions that help make mobility safer, more efficient and more environmentally friendly. To create unique mobility experiences, Michelin publishes travel guides, hotel and restaurant guides, maps and road atlases. Headquartered in Greenville, S.C., Michelin North America employs more than 20,000 people and operates 19 major manufacturing plants in the U.S. and Canada.
Michelin is recognized as an employer of choice by the people who work here. They stay at Michelin because they have careers with a purpose at a company with a purpose. In fact, more than 97 percent of Michelin employees say they choose to move forward together with our company each year.
Michelin`s status as a great place to work has been validated by the leading authorities on workplace culture:
Forbes annual survey of "America`s Best Large Employers," No. 1 Automotive employer and No. 34 Overall
Certified as a Great Workplace by Great Place to Work Institute.
Thomson Reuters, No. 2 in the top 100 most diverse and inclusive organizations globally
AARP, one of the "Best Employers for Workers Over 50"
Michelin takes an advanced approach to career development, ensuring that you will come for a job but stay for a career. More than 75 percent of our managers are promoted from within, and we offer multiple career development paths to challenge employees to grow and realize their purpose across the span of their individual careers.
Apply now and start your own mobility journey with Michelin today.
- Bachelor`s degree, preferably in Engineering or another technical field.
- 7-10 years of increasing management or supervisory responsibility in a heavy manufacturing environment (automotive, chemical, pulp and paper, textile, etc.) or in a military environment.
- Dedicated career managers
- An individualized training program
- High-quality management
- Fair compensation
- A pleasant working environment
How To Apply:
To apply for this position, please click on the link below.
Michelin North America
Michelin is an Equal Opportunity Employer.