See all jobs in Lynchburg VA
Job Location: Lynchburg, VA
Job Type: Full Time
Market Manager - Lakeside Crossing
Member One Federal Credit Union
Starting Salary Range:
3 to 5 years
Required Security Clearance:
Banking - Management
Position Description JOB SUMMARY: To include but not limited to developing business productivity and employees while supporting our credit unions Vision and Core Values. To be an active community leader by serving in a leadership role in our market. Develop and implement strategies to achieve overall organizational success through managing portfolio growth to the set Retail Center targeted goals. Expected to provide ongoing feedback to direct reports on a weekly basis with the intent to increase member loyalty while providing first >
- Actively supports the mission, vision, and core values of the Credit Union. Actively demonstrates and supports Member Service Standards as established by the credit union.
- Supports Credit Union Management, the Board of Directors, and Credit Union sponsored events and activities.
- Ensures that the confidentiality of all information and transactions regarding the Credit Union, its members and its employees are held to the highest level of business ethics.
- Understands, adheres to and communicates with direct reports all MOFCU policies and procedures, making exceptions within authority. Protect company reputation and guardianship via business ethics, integrity and legal compliance. Achieve satisfactory scores on all retail center audits as well as ensuring the retail center and employees are operating within regulatory guidelines at all times.
- Maximizes member service through coaching, training, motivating and scheduling direct reports. Plans and implements appropriate training programs and meetings for all personnel within the retail center to ensure a high level of performance. Supports the member relationship building process. Conducts regularly scheduled team meetings.
- Ensures the right people are in the right roles. Manages interviewing/hiring, promotion, disciplinary actions, career development/pathing, and performance appraisals and when necessary, makes recommendations for terminations. Consults with VP /Regional Manager on personnel matters, when necessary, prior to taking corrective and/or disciplinary action. Creates a positive attitude among all employees to attain high standards of member service. Continues to build an environment that supports a team culture where there are clear goals, inclusion in decision making, constant communication, feedback and recognition.
- Develop strong community relationships that will provide growth opportunities through quality business development referrals.
- Reports economic and competitive changes within the service area which could influence retail center operations and growth and/or needs and attitudes of team and community to VP/Regional Manager. Makes recommendations, as necessary, to the VP/Regional Manager based on these findings to enhance operations. Assists in the implementation of new products or programs to help provide better service to members and stimulate new growth.
- Prepares input for retail center operating budget including but not limited to personnel, training, equipment, and fixed assets.
- Actively engages in solicitation, acquisition and retention of member accounts. Sets goals and implements plans, actively coaches team on use of sales and service skills to ensure continuous improvement, holding each employee accountable for his/her actions. Demonstrates skills in sales management through cultivating referrals and converts to sales. Establishes specific measurable goals in relations to sales, member service and productivity for retail center personnel that are aligned with corporate goals.
- Tracks, monitors, and is accountable for relationship building and sales results of direct reports. Ensures the integrity and ethical reporting of the incentive plan.
- Adhere to internal security procedures in accordance with directives set forth by the VP of Operations and Security Officer.
- Maintains building and equipment, requesting repairs and services as needed.
- Facilitates resolutions for complex member service issues upon escalation.
- Promote additional credit union products and services that will enhance member value in the credit union.
- Train and utilize skills developed with lending and insurance programs by offering services at every lending opportunity.
- Ensures that the daily operations of the branch are complete including but not limited to balancing of the ATM, vault maintenance, cash supplies. Responsible for security and accountability of all branch items. Controls cash, bank checks and other negotiable items. Supervises all internal control and operational requirements, including cash/retail center audits, correspondence, files and records.
- Comply with all federal regulations, credit union policies and procedures, including Bank Secrecy and the USA Patriot Act
- Comply with all fair lending laws and the prohibitions enumerated in the credit unions lending policy
- All other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: Two year degree required and proof of current enrollment in a bachelors program or proof of current enrollment in a bachelors program required. Excellent verbal and written communications skills; extensive knowledge of bank/credit union products, policies, procedures and services that would normally be acquired with a minimum of three years of bank/credit union experience. Extensive knowledge of all operations, audit and compliance policies and procedures. Ability to function in a multi-task environment to include working as a Loan Officer as needed; at least three years of supervisory or management experience demonstrating ability to effectively lead and guide branch personnel; ability to identify and evaluate issues and reach sound conclusions or decisions based on fact and in a proactive manner; demonstrated skills in sales, sales management, coaching and problem solving. Outside business development and/or retail experience helpful.
Must have reliable transportation and be able to attend credit union/business related functions during business hours and occasionally, after hours. Must be available to work a minimum of one Saturday per month. Must be able to speak English; bi-lingual helpful. Must possess Windows-based PC skills and working knowledge of office equipment. Must be able to lift 50 pounds and stand on feet for extended periods of time.
Member One is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/Disability/Covered Veteran
How to Apply:
Please email or mail resume with cover letter to:
Financial Life Cycles, Inc.
108 Packerland Drive
Green Bay, WI 54303