See all jobs in Roanoke VA
Job Location: Roanoke, VA
Job Type: Full Time
Member One Federal Credit Union
Work Hours (i.e. shift):
7:00 am - 7:00 pm
Starting Salary Range:
401k with a 100% match up to the first 6% of employee contributions Life Insurance MOFCU pays for coverage of 2x your base annual salary (full-time employees) STD/LTD completely company paid (full-time employees) Voluntary Life Insurance through Mutual of Omaha Tuition Reimbursement Generous PTO plan Up to 10 paid holidays Colonial Life voluntary insurance products Pre-paid legal Many developmental >
High School or Equivalent
1 to 2 years
Required Security Clearance:
Banking - General, Banking - Tellers/Customer Service
Position Description JOB SUMMARY: Float Teller will provide high quality member service by processing transactions quickly and accurately while adhering to established security safeguards, identification measures and all other credit union policies and procedures. Float Tellers will refer members products and services in an effort to establish and maintain member satisfaction and retention as the priority in all activities. Float Teller will be responsible for working in all branches as needed within the MOFCU footprint.
- Actively supports the Vision and Core Values of the Credit Union to deliver Excellent Service.
- Overtly supports our Service Excellence philosophy in the workplace.
- Member-focused, always displaying a friendly, helpful, professional and positive attitude.
- Maintain a professional and courteous working relationship with all people, including members, fellow employees, management staff, board members, and outside vendors.
- Cooperates with and assists other employees to ensure a "team effort" in providing prompt, courteous, professional member service.
- Maintain a high quality and efficient work flow and ensure members are taken care of quickly and professionally.
- Maintains ongoing communication with immediate supervisor informing him/her of all pertinent problems, irregularities, new developments, changes, and other important information.
- Ensures that the confidentiality of all information and transactions regarding the credit union, its members, and its employees is held to the highest level of business ethics.
- Receives cash and checks for deposit or payments. Verifies amount and examines checks for authenticity, proper endorsements(s) and issues a receipt upon completion of transaction.
- Processes cash and check withdrawals, verifying signature and member balances.
- Sells money orders, official checks and travelers cards.
- Places appropriate check holds on accounts. Verifies check clearing when required.
- Accepts loan payments, mortgage payments, and credit card payments.
- Processes advances on line-of-credit loans and credit card cash advances.
- Verifies and posts transactions from night depository and lobby depository, and logs ATM and night deposits.
- Assists in balancing and weekly settlement of ATM and TCD machines as required.
- Transfers funds from one account to another.
- Reviews and adheres to all account comments and warnings when performing transactions.
- Responsible for balancing at days end; responsible for resolving out-of-balances whenever possible.
- Cross-sells all credit union products and services in accordance with our Sales & Service philosophy to meet/exceed standards established by management; actively participates in credit union campaigns and or contests.
- Maintain the security of the work area and keep it organized and neat in appearance. Follow safety and security rules/regulations.
- Actively seek out, request and participate in continuing training opportunities as approved by supervisor.
- Gain and maintain a thorough understanding of the credit unions policies and procedures as well as all products and
- Understand and solve member(s) problems and make recommendations concerning the policies of the credit union on membership eligibility, existing loans, accounts and collection matters.
- Knows and understands all MOFCU policies.
- Comply with all federal regulations, credit union policies and procedures, including Bank Secrecy and the USA Patriot Act
- Comply with all fair lending laws and the prohibitions enumerated in the credit unions lending policy
- Supports Credit Union Management, the Board of Directors and Credit Union sponsored events and activities.
- Performs all other related duties as required by management.
REQUIRED SKILLS/EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or equivalent and minimum six months job related experience including customer service and sales required; teller experience preferred. Local travel required. Must maintain working phone is order to receive work assignments.This position requires that the employee possess a positive attitude and willingness to learn. Demonstrated aptitude and desire for sales achievement; strong interpersonal skills in a team environment a must. Basic math skills required. Demonstrated service skills. Excellent verbal communication and people skills. Working knowledge of Windows-based PC products and general office equipment. Must be able to write and speak English; bi-lingual helpful. Must be able to type repetitive keystrokes. Must be able to lift 20 pounds and sit or stand for extended periods of time. Must be available to work Saturday hours when required.
Member One is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/Disability/Covered Veteran.
How To Apply:
Please submit resume to:
Member One Federal Credit Union