See all jobs in Providence RI
Job Location: Providence, RI and surrounding areas
Job Type: Full Time
Marshall Electric Co., Inc. is a privately owned Food Equipment Service and Parts Sales company serving the Rhode Island and nearby Massachusetts and Connecticut areas. Marshall Electric is an authorized service and parts distribution center for over 30 food equipment manufacturers, and is a member of the Commercial Food Equipment Association and the Rhode Island Hospitality Association. Marshall Electric has been in business since 1928.
A CFESA Certified Service Technician with extensive experience in the field servicing a variety of restaurant equipment, commercial cooking equipment, food preparation machines, and ware washing equipment. This position requires one to be adept at troubleshooting complex equipment malfunctions and finding effective repair solutions to a broad range of electric, gas, and steam appliances used in a commercial kitchen application. This person will be expected to evaluate the operation and condition of this equipment for preventative maintenance programs, exemplify superior customer service skills, and represent the company in a positive and professional manner.
Other responsibilities include completing all paperwork in a neat and orderly fashion, including job work orders, equipment caution tags, warranty parts tags, and preventative maintenance checklists. In addition, the Certified Service Technician is also responsible for the basic maintenance of a service van, which includes keeping a neat and organized parts inventory. Regular work hours are Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM, however it is common for the day to begin earlier or end later. Nights and weekend hours are also possible when it is the Service Technician's turn to work on call for 24/7 service. Service territory includes Rhode Island, and Bristol County Massachusetts with some travel to Cape Cod and Groton/New London CT.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship or Legal Alien
- 5+ years as a restaurant equipment field service technician
- Received CFESA Certification(s) and Factory Training Certifications
- Good customer service skills and represent the company in a professional manner
- Be a team player
- Have good mechanical skills
- Own basic hand tools
- Valid driver's license
- Good driving record / maintains insurance eligibility
- Willing to participate in training sessions when needed and travel for equipment training schools when available
- Must be part of a rotating on-call shift for 24/7 service
- Willing to study to receive gas, steam or electric CFESA Certification or Master Certification if not yet received
- To be hired as a Service Technician, one must agree to a background check, motor vehicle records check, submit a drug test, and take a short basic electricity and gas test.
- Very competitive within the industry. The pay rate is based upon previous experience, training, and certifications.
- Time and one half paid for over 40 work hours per week and/or for over 9.5 hours for any day.
- Health Insurance with Prescription Plan
- Dental Insurance
- 401(k) with profit sharing
- Flexible spending account for medical expenses
- Life Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacations
- Paid Sick and Personal Days
- Cafeteria 125 Plan
- Cell Phone
- Use of service van with GPS
How To Apply:
We do not sponsor work visa's.
Marshall Electric Company, Inc.
200 Broad Street
Providence, RI 02903
Phone: 401-331-1163 ext. 111
Your resume will be reviewed internally, and if you meet the qualifications, you will be contacted for an initial interview. Thank you for your consideration.
Please submit your resume with address, salary history and phone number to:
Please attach your resume as a Microsoft Word document.
Share this job