Accounting & Finance Accountant Shakopee, MN
Under general supervision, assist in maintaining general ledger accounts and conduct other accounting related activities. Provide record of assets, liabilities and other financial transactions. Balance books periodically and prepares profit and loss, income and balance sheet statements. Maintain receipts and disbursement reports. May plan, conduct, and participate in basic analysis of cost assignments, ensuring that all assigned projects adhere to accepted cost accounting standards. Assist in the preparation of management reports that measure performance against key objectives and strategies.
- Assists in the preparing monthly financial information utilizing the applicable support systems. Duties include preparing journal entries, coding invoices/vouchers, reconciling the balance sheet and analyzing variances.
- Maintain fixed asset and depreciation records.
- Reviews and reconciles receivables and recommends accruals
- May perform basic analyses of cost records to ascertain distribution of costs for various divisions of management and production.
- May classify labor, material, and overhead costs to compute unit costs of products or services.
- Analyze actual costs versus standard costs and prepares reports of variances. Compile cost data for preparation of operating budgets.
- Prepares other reports and assist in special projects and analysis as required or requested by supervisor.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience.
- Able to demonstrate good problem-solving skills and appropriately apply proven solutions. Consistently deliver prescribed outcomes in a timely and accurate manner with appropriate guidance. Apply existing processes and procedures to solve problems and may receive guidance for problems that are non-routine.
- Able to apply general functional computer knowledge in utilizing Microsoft Windows, MAC or other technical tools to complete work assignments. May require knowledge of, or ability to quickly learn specialized software related to the position.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written. Able to communicate effectively with diverse groups of people when completing work assignments.
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer