Accounting & Finance Accountant - Fixed Assets Nashville, TN
The Nashville Shared Services Center is looking for a qualified candidate to join the accounting staff, assuming the title of Accountant II. This position will focus on reconciling accounts of a complex nature and assisting in the on-going integration of work in to NSSC Financial Accounting.
This individual will be responsible for servicing operating units by performing various accounting duties. The position will also carry responsibility for the timely and accurate processing of major accounting information for the company. Candidate must be proficient in the areas of account reconciliation, problem solving, process improvement, and financial analysis. This position requires a wide range of skills, including the processing of transactions in the general ledger system, working well with others in a team atmosphere, supporting the month end closing process, and reconciling the general ledger to sub ledgers for key areas of responsibility.
Work is typically performed under minimal daily supervision, receiving guidance from manager/supervisor about the work that needs to be completed. Able to exercise a high level of discretion and latitude in completing tasks.
- Reconcile key accounts and maintain controls over significant balance sheet accounts such as Disbursements, Inventory Accounts, Fixed Assets, and Inter-company Accounts
- Handle key Fixed Asset transactions including capital additions, transfers, retirements, and monthly depreciation
- Work effectively with internal customers and other General Ledger team members to deliver quality accounting services in a timely and professional manner
- Possess strong account reconciliation skills
- Perform system maintenance updates to assist in preparing basic financial reports and the meeting of monthly and quarterly accounting close deadlines
- Coordinate accounting matters with other departments and company locations (i.e. Business Unit leaders, AP, Payroll, Corporate, IT, etc)
- Field questions regarding account information from accounting staff and auditors
- Perform routine accounting duties including account analysis, balance sheet reconciliation, create and post journal entries, and financial statement preparation as needed
- Conduct special studies relating accuracy of accounting records and subsidiary systems
- Assist Team Leader in special projects, reports and perform other duties as assigned, requested, or self determined
- Design, implement, and maintain standardized accounting practices
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the position. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- B.S. in Accounting (preferred) or Finance required
- 2-4 years overall experience in Accounting or Finance required
- Fixed Asset experience
- Knowledge of GAAP and proficient with fundamental accounting concepts and procedures
- Experience in system troubleshooting and delivering solutions to produce a desired output
- Strong computer skills with knowledge of Excel required to improve and streamline internal processing and reporting
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving, communication, interpersonal, analytical, and time management skills required
- Understanding of multi-entity accounting and intra/intercompany eliminations
- Customer service oriented with excellent follow up skills
- Strong knowledge and understanding of general ledger setup and processing routines (i.e., journal processing, monthly/annual closing activities, allocations, etc)
- Ability to perform account reconciliations of a complex nature
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Good problem solving and process improvement skills
- Hyperion Financial Management (HFM) and SAP system experience preferred
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer