Data Processing Analyst 2
Employee Referral Bonus eligible
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Position requires working independently in a fast-paced computing environment, responding to the needs of RRD clients for data processing, management and reporting. Work includes the validation, standardization, duplicate elimination, postal preparation, reporting and passing of name and address data to internal business units or external vendors.
Data can run within and across server platforms using tools commonly available in Windows and Mainframe environments. Workflow solutions may involve full, partial or no automation. Primary processing is executed on the mainframe using Group1, SAS, IBM JCL and FTP protocol.
- With guidance, create data processing instructions by interpreting User Requirements Specifications (URS) written by the business analyst, client provided instructions and/or other sources.
- Execute necessary data processing steps including record selection, field parsing, record splitting, data standardization, removal of extraneous data, data append, duplicate elimination and mail stream preparation.
- Perform reporting functions and file delivery as required by specs.
- Perform trouble-shooting and problem solving as required.
- Create Group1 programs for the technical analyst team to plug into the customers overall workflow solution
- Communicate with internal and external customers via emails or phone calls.
- Document processes and organize them for effective retrieval.
- Handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Estimate job completion dates and communicate job progress through the relevant production processes.
- Be a contributing team member on projects that cross multi-disciplinary functions.
- Continuously seek new knowledge and make recommendations for process improvement.
- Support sales and marketing functions.
- Required Skills
- A Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Statistics, Mathematics or related discipline OR 3-5 years of equivalent work experience where candidate can demonstrate a strong knowledge of data analyst skill along with excellent problem solving capability.
- Programming skills are strongly preferred.
- Experience with Group1, JCL and SAS programming is required.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools, including Excel, Access and Visio.
- Experience in direct marketing is beneficial.
- Manage personal workload in a busy environment with conflicting demands, working effectively as a member of a team.
- Job Location
- Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
- Position Type
Who do you know at
Return to Search Results
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer