Employee Referral Bonus eligible
- Tracking Code
- Job Description
Position requires working independently in a fast-paced computing environment, responding to the needs of RRD clients for automated data processing, management and reporting. Work includes coding and building solutions that are in line to support our customers marketing and business strategy: validation, standardization, error detection, removal of extraneous data, calculation, reconciliation, information append, data mining, relational repositories, reporting and historical storage. The automation solution has the system intelligence to pass data and pdfs to SQL databases, customers, internal business units, offshore resources, external partners, production print and edelivery platforms.
Data may run within and across server platforms using tools commonly available in Windows and Mainframe environments. Workflow solutions may involve full, partial or no automation. Primary programming and automation tools include: WatchFTP, WatchDirectory, Windows Task Manager, SAS, ODS, XML, Group1, Mach1, CList, VeriMove/NCOA, Syncsort, IceTool, GDG, JCL, batch files, VB, VBA, Vedit, Tableau, SQL and FTP protocol.
- Work closely with the business analysts, sales and customers to analyze moderately complex business requirements. Prepare Visio Diagrams related to WD/WFTP automation.
- Design solutions for projects of medium scope and complexity. Including sizing the environment, system structure, connectivity to various servers and platforms, screens, files, reports, security and historical archive retrieval.
- Responsible for coding, testing, implementing and maintaining automated and scripted workflows
- Work closely with the Data Processing Analyst to incorporate modules related to list processing.
- Apply best practice programming principles to design and development in an effort to re-use code. Must be able to diagnose and problem solve with little to no guidance. Must be able to maintain other developers source code.
- Work closely with the print facilities to identify special QC record insertion, production reports or equipment control business rules.
- Participate in customer User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and make adjustments as necessary.
- Continuously seek new knowledge and make recommendations for client or internal process improvement. Actively participate in post-customer implementation reviews.
- Prepares sound time estimates for all phases of customer projects.
- Respond to client Process Change Requests (PCR) by scoping the change, provide cost estimate and perform risk assessment.
- Participate in customer meetings by phone or in person.
- Prepare system and source documentation for all projects assigned. Write operation documentation and perform handoff training.
- Provide operational support by monitoring system throughput, quality control and verifying deliverables have been sent.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Required Skills
- Bachelor degree in discipline related to functional work or role with up to 3-5 years of practical development/analyst work experience OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable functional developer/analyst work experience.
- Moderate proficiency in the practical experience of data automation, scripting and platform/server connectivity is required.
- Conceptual knowledge of SQL and entity relationships.
- Functional knowledge of JCL and data processing is required.
- Functional knowledge of Group1 software is a plus.
- Intermediate proficiency in SAS programming is required.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, including Excel, Word, Access and Visio.
- Requires very good communication skills, both verbal and written. Must be able to clearly articulate business needs to both internal and external customers.
- Job Location
- Green Bay, Wisconsin, United States
- Position Type
Who do you know at
Return to Search Results
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer