Accounting & Finance Accounting Clerk 2* Los Angeles, CA
RRD is a leading global provider of integrated multichannel marketing and business communications solutions.
With more than 52,000 customers and 42,000 employees across the globe, RRD offers a comprehensive portfolio of capabilities, experience and scale that enables organizations around the world to effectively create, manage, deliver and optimize their multichannel communications.
We are currently seeking an Accounting Clerk. Under general supervision from the Plant Controller, the duties may include: maintaining or posting records in hard copy or automated systems; screening, reviewing, verifying, and coding accounting transaction documents; verifying and examining accounting records; correcting errors in posting entries, computations, and balances; reconciling balances, records, and documents, preparing summaries, statements, and reports. Employees at this level perform a variety of tasks that require the application of judgment and initiative, a thorough knowledge of bookkeeping, and a basic knowledge of accounting practices.
- Review vouchers, requisitions, purchase orders, and other transaction documents for completeness, accuracy, availability of funds, appropriateness of transaction, and conformity to policies, procedures, and/or contractual agreements
- Correct transaction documents, which may require revision of other documents or entries as well as the original; may initiate other actions
- Code documents that require knowledge in determining proper classification of expenditure codes and accounting codes.
- Prepares statements and reports that require utilization of a variety of sources
- Post financial information to journals, registers, and ledgers, manually or by electronic equipment
- Reconcile discrepancies by checking all possible sources of disagreement, reconstructing probable actions, and recognizing the effect on other accounts; prepares correction documents as required.
- Assist in budgetary control by monitoring budgets and originating or verifying adjustments and transfers.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- HS diploma or equivalent with 2-4 years of relevant administrative/operational support in manufacturing operations or office environment directly related to the duties of the job, OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of work experience.
2) Requires very good knowledge of general administrative/manufacturing operations procedures and knowledge of job specific processes to successfully execute and complete the more progressive/complex duties of the job.
- Ability to follow company policy and understand any rules or regulations governing the work being completed and impact work has on department or company.
- Must have very good knowledge of technology to include computers and software programs such as MS Office or MAC word processing, spreadsheets or other programs specific to the job in order to complete duties successfully.
- Requires good knowledge of multiple functions or areas of the business in which there is frequent contact with while completing daily work assignments of the job.
- Must have very good oral and written communication skills sufficient to explain departmental policy, methods and/or procedures when completing assignments. Requires very good organizational skills sufficient to accomplish work by established deadlines and ability to coordinate phases of work with others.
- Must have ability to:
Apply bookkeeping practices and procedures
Apply basic accounting techniques
Apply office methods and procedures
Compile complex financial information
Operate electronic and/or other standard office equipment
Work independently and exercise judgment
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer