Senior Internal Auditor
Accounting & Finance Chicago, IL
RR Donnelley is a global, integrated communications provider enabling organizations to create, manage, deliver and optimize their multichannel marketing and business communication. We offer you a unique opportunity to contribute to the reinvention of a global company that combines the strength of 153 years of history with the excitement and entrepreneurial spirit of a start-up. This is the place to be for ambitious professionals to grow quickly and truly make a difference.
RR Donnelley Internal Audit department is looking for experienced self-starters that have the willingness to learn, adapt and grow in an ever changing environment. The Senior Auditor position is primarily responsible for executing a range of financial, operational, strategic and integrated audits at the business and corporate level. We offer opportunities to both grow in the department and rotate into the business. This position is based out of our downtown Chicago Loop office.
- Participate in planning, execution and reporting of financial, operational, strategic and compliance reviews of RRD
- Evaluates financial and operational risks, and develops audit test plans and procedures to address those risks
- Conduct audit testing and identify reportable issues and critical matters to be communicated to the Audit Manager or Lead Auditor
- Evaluate design and effectiveness of internal controls
- Prepare audit report/memo drafts and finals and verbally communicate findings to senior management
- Provide assistance to external auditors for substantive procedures and requests
- Partner with management in support of key internal department projects
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Accounting and Finance
- 2-5 years of public accounting, internal audit or financial reporting experience, preferably in the manufacturing industry
- Preferred experience with financial, operational, strategic and compliance audits
- Accounting or audit certification is preferred, CPA or CIA
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and have the ability to quickly learn specialized software or technical tools
- Willingness to travel - domestically 35%, with possibility of international travel
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively present to peers and senior management
- Understand current U.S. GAAP, COSO and SOX requirements
We love candidates who
- Have experience in system implementation, system integration, and change management
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills to resolve complex issues
- Proactively seek opportunities to learn, improve and hold oneself accountable
- Are results-oriented and acts with a sense of urgency to ensure completion of work and projects
- Embrace change, have the ability to adapt, and be flexible
- Maintain high standards in the creation and delivery of audit documentation and reports
- Build effective working relationships internal and externally
- Deliver results with the appropriate quality in a fluid environment
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer