Customer Service St Louis, MO
Responsible for frequently preparing estimates on a variety of work that is transactional/routine/repeat and occasionally may be unique requiring the comparison of multiple options to build an estimate. Receive specifications from Customer Service and Sales, clarify any missing information and use pricing tools to generate pricing scenarios that best fit the customer needs. Build pricing estimates. Review historical quotes on renewals and update pricing to current costs.
- Receive job specification from customer service or Sales to ensure that the information needed to build an estimate has been provided. Contact Sales to gather missing/incomplete information required to price a job.
- Enter specifications in to pricing systems/software to build pricing scenarios. Make selections for manufacturing equipment groups and locations to best match the customers delivery requirements and offer the best price option.
- May review historical estimates to determine the new estimate. May make alterations to scenarios to offer customer multiple options.
- May work with manufacturing operations on new or unique opportunities to ensure projects can be produced in house. May engage Sourcing on work that requires outside vendors to produce and establish cost basis.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
HS diploma or equivalent with 2-4 years of relevant work experience in a manufacturing environment or office environment complimentary to the duties of the job, OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of work experience.
Requires very good knowledge of general administrative/manufacturing operations procedures and knowledge of job specific processes to successfully execute and complete the more progressive/complex duties of the job. Ability to follow company policy and understand any rules or regulations governing the work being completed and impact work has on department or company. Must have very good knowledge of technology to include computers and software programs such as MS Office or MAC word processing, spreadsheets or other programs specific to the job in order to complete duties successfully. Requires good knowledge of multiple functions or areas of the business in which there is frequent contact with while completing daily work assignments of the job. Must have very good oral and written communication skills sufficient to explain departmental policy, methods and/or procedures when completing assignments. Requires very good organizational skills sufficient to accomplish work by established deadlines and ability to coordinate phases of work with others.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer