Human Resources Manager
Human Resources Chicago, IL
The Human Resources Manager provides leadership to the management teams and employees ensuring human resources objectives are aligned with strategic business goals through effective employee relations, employee safety and organizational development strategies. This leader is expected to create vision, foster employee involvement at all levels and ensure compliance to employment laws. Communicates, administers and ensures the implementation of all corporate human resources policies.
- Partners with plant management teams to identify organizational development and training needs to ensure alignment with corporate strategic goals.
- Manages Leave of absence and workers compensation programs. Creates and makes progress to the Affirmative Action Plan.
- Provides leadership for cultural change by coaching people at all levels of the organization, removing barriers to success, analyzing and improving business issues, facilitating communication within and between groups of people, and advocating the highest standards of customer satisfaction.
- Drives the integration of multiple plants with distinct employee relations practices into a new print plant, building a common set of policies and practices, while creating an engaged, high performance workforce.
- Consults with management teams to understand specific business objectives and determine short and long term staffing needs. Counsels Managers regarding procedures, interviewing techniques, employment legislation impacting recruitment practices and compensation parameters.
- Researches problem area and recommends solutions. Ensures all necessary documentation is maintained. Initiates and oversee the implementation of employee relations activities designed to impact employee morale. Leads employee relation investigations and drives resolution of issues
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Bachelor degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations, or a related field with 10+ years of experience within Human Resources OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of applicable work experience that must include a minimum of 10 years of work experience within the Human Resource field.
- Bi-lingual Spanish
- Working knowledge in all areas pertinent to the management of all HR functions including compensation, staffing, employee involvement, EEO/AAP safety training and policy development.
- Current knowledge of all federal, state, and local regulations as it pertains to HR.
- Knowledge of organizational development strategies and adult learning principles.
- Successful experience in leading organizational change and integration initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability in conflict management and counseling.
- Proven ability to function effectively in a matrixed organization.
- Human Resources experience in a manufacturing environment preferred
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer