Press Operator 1 (Flexo Press Operator)
Pressroom Streetsboro, OH
Openings would most likely be on 3rd shifts.
If candidate is mechanically inclined, we are willing to train that person to become an operator.
The RR Donnelley, Streetsboro plant is experiencing continued growth! Come join our team. We are willing to train the right candidate to become a flexo press operator.
Review job specifications to determine the press setup according to the direction of the run. Perform all make-ready tasks associated with the press operations such as mounting plates or installing cylinders. Examine plates/cylinders for imperfections and check for correct positioning of images. Adjusting tension and register etc. Make necessary color corrections and/or press adjustments prior to production run to meet and maintain the quality specifications of the work. Clean, lubricate, and maintain the press, making minor repairs and replacing worn or broken parts as required. Performs periodic maintenance recommended by the manufacturer.
Requires general knowledge of flexographic printing procedures, delivery equipment, safety requirements, and skills to perform assignments. Must be able to read and understand job specifications. Must be able to use and read a standard and metric ruler. Must have basic knowledge of press capabilities to determine the most appropriate press usage, press settings and materials needed to run the job successfully.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
1. Basic math skills with the use of a calculator.
2. Must have color vision
3. Must work well with others
4. Good communication skills
5. Basic mechanical abilities
6. Must be capable of troubleshooting essential process and equipment problems.
7. Must provide leadership and direction to packers, material handlers and PROs as necessary in the areas of operations, safety and quality.
1. Label converting exposure/experience preferred
2. Must have the ability to efficiently set up, run and maintain a flexographic label press. Zero color, to seven-color, which includes large solids, screen tints, and line print, while maintaining our quality standards with moderate supervision.
3. Previous Machine Operator experience preferred
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer