Technical Specialist 3
Manufacturing Manchester, CT
Purpose: Provide subject matter expertise of maintenance and setup of equipment learned through extensive technical training/certification to assist in ensuring the manufacturing operations operate efficiently and effectively.
- Manage and coordinate special projects with line supervisors, Press Operations, Bindery, Maintenance or other departments such as implementing new equipment, training on new equipment or processes etc.
- Prepare reports for management as required.
- Provide technical assistance to functional manufacturing areas responding to breakdowns and/or overhauls or equipment.
- Assist with new equipment evaluations and installations (KBA 105, KBA 106, Bobst and other bindery equipment.
- Develop training programs and job aids for new equipment.
- Monitor the production floor to assess technical needs of the departments.
- Provide technical training for apprentices.
- Perform administrative and record keeping responsibilities.
- Monday through Friday - First Shift/Flexible Scheduling to assess issues on other shifts
- Work overtime as necessary.
- Job requires the ability to exert 20 to 50 lbs. of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 lbs. frequently and/or negligible to 10 lbs. of force consistently to move objects.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer