Press Assistant 2
Pressroom St Charles, IL
Ensures that press is properly supplied with roll stock and prepares rolls for splicing. May assist with pre-make-readies and make-readies.
- Help prepare the press for a run by verifying job specs and setting up the press accordingly.
- Pulls dies, ink and plates for upcoming jobs on presses.
- Inspects the inking systems, anilox rolls and material and the mechanisms related to that press.
- Ensures that the roll of paper is properly unwrapped, mounted and ready to be spliced.
- Works in conjunction with the press operators in the preventative maintenance of the presses. Assists maintenance personnel in troubleshooting and making repairs to press.
- May assist with make-readies, clean anilox rollers for all presses.
- May adjust ink and varnish to ensure that proper color is established or maintained as required by location.
- Adheres to and promotes all safety policies and procedures including, but not limited to the proper handling of hazardous waste, lock out - tag out rules and hearing and eye protection policies.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- It is the responsibility of all employees to follow the requirements of their documented process as defined in the ISO Quality Manual.
THIS IS A 3RD SHIFT POSITION ~ 11PM-7AM
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer .
Previous experience in a printing environment preferred. Some experience in the operation of various hand tools preferred. Must be able to work in a team environment.
- High school and/or GED or equivalent combination of education and experience with flexographic or printing presses.
- Previous experience in the operation of a printing press or work in a flexographic, digital printing, offset or web printing, or duplicator operation preferred. Some experience in the operation of various hand tools including line gauge, loupe, plate wrench, blanket wrench, brush gauge, ink knife, chisel and punch preferred.
- Flexo or Digital Experience Preferred.
- Hearing protection, safety glasses and safety toe shoes or boots are required.
- Must be able to lift, pull and push up to 60 pounds frequently.
- Must be able to bend, reach and turn frequently.
- Must be able to stand and move about the facility
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer