Front Office Manufacturing Supervisor
Manufacturing Kent, WA
Supervises and directs the day-to-day operations of the planning, estimating and purchasing departments to include determining, monitoring, and recommending adjustments to the limit of plant capacity to ensure consistency with the master production schedule. Uses sound management principles and techniques to manage and develop talent, skills, and processes.
- Responsible for the effective and efficient purchasing, estimating and planning of jobs and personnel, while continually building sales and maintaining local profit goals.
- Establishes and maintains effective communication with employees, suppliers, and customers to meet the needs of business.
- Conducts annual employee reviews and delivers positive and negative feedback including corrective action. Oversee employee discipline and ensure that all actions are fair and non-discriminatory.
- Motivates and provides support and training to team to ensure overall customer satisfaction, quality service, commitment to continuous improvement and respect for individuals.
- Responsible for the quality of all work, abiding by quality standards and supporting documentation of and adherence to such practices.
- Ensures the training of and adherence to all standard operation procedures. Help processes develop and control process level procedures.
- Promotes safe working conditions and housekeeping, as well as ensure safety practices are followed.
- Maintains effective and timely completion of projects and duties as requested, and ability to perform all management functions when necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Manufacturing, Engineering or related field is preferred but not required. Equivalent work experience in a similar position is acceptable in lieu of degree.
- A minimum of 3 years experience as a manufacturing supervisor, preferably for a Packaging facility. Experience in production scheduling, estimating and planning preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization are required.
- A professional appearance and demeanor that reflects a positive company image. A positive attitude with a strong ability to multi-task in a dynamic environment.
- A very good understanding of internal and external customer expectations.
- A self-directed work ethic with the ability to develop and track measurements leading to process improvement.
- A proactive business approach with a strong sense of urgency. Must be able to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer systems is required including: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and email systems). Web-based program experience is a plus. Demonstrated comfort and ability to learn and leverage new systems is a plus.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Must be reliable and punctual.
- Ability to work varying shifts, overtime and/or weekends.
For challenging and rewarding career opportunities with an innovative industry leader, consider RR Donnelley. RR Donnelley provides communications and consultative business services to a who’s who of US and international clients. A FORTUNE 500 company with locations around the world, RR Donnelley produces printed and digital communications. You probably touch our products almost every day. With a reputation for excellence built over 145 years plus a portfolio of patents and breakthrough new products, RR Donnelley is building for a strong future.
We are a business-to-business company offering opportunities in a variety of disciplines. RR Donnelley is strongly committed to setting ambitious goals, rewarding performance, and providing opportunities for personal and professional growth. We offer competitive compensation and benefit packages.
RR Donnelley is an EEO/AA Employer