See all jobs in Manhattan KS
Job Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Job Type: Full-Time
Supports the Senior Project Engineer, Project Manager, and Project Superintendent in managing the overall construction project. Assists with managing the Field Support, Project Controls, Procurement, Meetings, Project Administration, Close Out, and other project responsibilities. Entry-level position in Project Management department.
Follows standard McCownGordon procedures and policies to accomplish the following:
- Provides support to Superintendent and guidance on open issues, including submittals and RFIs, by reviewing reports with Superintendent. Visits project site frequently or may be stationed at the site.
- Submits and manages shop drawings by coordinating receipt of required deliverables from trade partners as required by the contract documents and Submittal Register.
- Posts drawings and specifications by reviewing approved changes to the contract documents with Senior Project Engineer/Project Manager. Notes respective modification on office record set and assists in posting field sets.
- Assists with as-built documentation by coordinating receipt of as-built documentation from trade partners.
- Coordinates deliveries with Superintendent.
- Manages the RFI process by reviewing all questions from the Superintendent and trade partners, reviewing questions with Senior Project Engineer/Project Manager as required. Reviews current contract documents to ensure RFI is needed, logs RFI in Procore, forwards the RFI to the design team or owner, and facilitates a response from the design team. Forwards response to effected contractors.
- Works with Senior Project Engineer /Project Manager to learn and assist with documentation in Procore software.
- Works with Senior Project Engineer/Project Manager to learn and understand the submittal process.
- Creates procurement letters by reviewing submittal register and project schedule to itemize required submittals from specific trade partners and indicating the required date submittal should be received from each trade partners.
- Provides on-going follow up throughout entire procurement process.
- Follows up weekly on critical procurement items.
- Updates all activities in Procore weekly.
- Prepares and distributes agenda prior to each Subcontractor Progress meeting and Owner/Architect/Contractor (OAC) meeting. Reviews with Project Manager for content and attachments.
- Prepares and distributes minutes to the project team following each meeting.
- Administers pre-installation meetings with Superintendent and trade partners and documents discussions and decisions resulting from the meetings.
- Works with the project management team to complete and distribute meeting notes within 48 hours of each meeting.
- Documents weather delays, and other delays, on a weekly basis.
- Prepares and distributes transmittals through Procore to document submittals, drawings, and other outgoing documents.
- Distributes Pricing Requests (PR), Architecture Supplemental Instructions (ASI) and drawings to project team, including all contractors.
- Participates in safety audits with Superintendent and/or Safety Manager by attending safety walkthroughs.
- Completes 10-hour OSHA Training.
- Leads close out activities with assistance of Senior Project Engineer/Project Manager.
- Administers and closes out punchlist by logging open items into Procore and distributing list to required trade partners then following up on the open items until complete, within 30 days.
- Manages as-builts by documenting all changes to the contract documents and coordinating receipt of as-built documents from required trade partners.
- Manages Operations & Management (O&M) documentation by coordinating receipt of manuals from required trade partners and reviewing manuals to ensure required documentation is complete.
- Bachelors Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Proficiency in computer applications, preferably Microsoft Office.
- Exposure to/Ability to use Procore.
The position requires work in an office environment.
Note: This job description reflects a summary of the job and does not prescribe or restrict the responsibilities that may be assigned. The job description is subject to change at any time.
HOW TO APPLY: