ABOUT NUCSAFE, INC.
Nucsafe is dedicated to providing the most reliable and highest performance scientific instruments to the nuclear safeguards industry and to law enforcement and federal agencies tasked with protecting public security and the common good. We pledge to support our customers by providing compelling solutions, reliable products and superior service and support.
The Support Center Technician will be responsible for responding to customer issues from our 24-hour, 7-days per week contact center. This position will assist Nucsafe clients, by phone, with radiation detection alarms, data entry, and system faults that may occur at their facilities during, and after normal business hours. This is an hourly, non-exempt position and will require rotating shift work including overnight shifts and weekend shifts.
· Interacts with Nucsafe clients to provide information in response to inquiries on Nucsafe software, hardware, and system alarms.
· Acquire a complete understanding (end-user level) of the Nucsafe hardware and software to help the customer quickly resolve their questions or issues.
· Use search tools and automated information to analyze and correct the customer’s situation.
· Maintain statistics of customer questions and issues for both hardware and software to locate issues that need attention; suggest improvements to the software operation.
· Participates in training programs and continuous improvement efforts and coordinates corrective action processes for current products.
· Monitors end-user feedback through regular interaction with end users.
· Interacts with other departments to supply technical information as needed.
· Must have the physical capabilities to lift, carry or otherwise move and position objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
· Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
· Associates degree in a technical related field with a strong emphasis in networks, software, science, and/or engineering, or one (1) year of equivalent combination of experience and training.
· Minimum: One (1) or more years experience as technical/product support or customer service professional in a technology driven organization.
· Computer hardware/software experience using Microsoft Windows, Linux, and tools such as MS Office, SQL, and Customer Relations Management Software.
· Basic understanding of network environments. Experience using VPN and virtualized environments is a plus.
· Strong organizational skills evidenced by excellent time management; must be self-reliant, dependable and professional. Excellent interpersonal communication skills; must be able to handle client complaints in a professional manner. Must be able to work carefully and accurately with an eye for detail.
· Must be willing to travel (up to 30%) to visit customer sites.
Candidates MUST be a US Citizen and capable of holding US DoD/DOE clearances.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Nucsafe offers a competitive salary and an outstanding benefits package. If you meet the minimum requirements and are interested in the position, please submit your resume (Word or PDF) and cover letter with salary requirements.
How To Apply:
Mail, fax, or e-mail resume to:
Att: Human Resources
601 Oak Ridge Turnpike
Oak Ridge, TN 37830
NO WALK-INS or PHONE CALLS PLEASE