Job #: 14930
Title: Sr Windows VMware Engineer
Job Location: Chicago, Illinois - United States
Salary: $145,000.00 - $165,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Strong Annual bonuses and superior benefits
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Yes
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client, a highly successful financial-technology company with an outstanding reputation for innovation, has a new position for a Senior Windows - Vmware Engineer Production Engineer.
This is a high-profile position and part of a newly expanded global Windows Vmware Cloud team.
This position offers:
Opportunity to contribute to expanding global Cloud environment (Cloud experience NOT required)
Non-siloed work environment
Strong annual bonuses and superior benefits JOB DESCRIPTION
This Senior Windows - Vmware Engineer will be part of a cohesive team with broad-based responsibilities for VMware, Windows Administration, Cloud computing and Network Engineering. He or she will be involved with designing, implementing, automating, troubleshooting and supporting issues related to VSphere, VMware Horizon View, Windows Active Directory services, Group Policy, TCP/IP, DHCP / DNS and other technologies. Will participate in root cause analysis for all VMware and Windows problems and be responsible for deploying operating System and ESXi service packs, security patches and bug fixes on all physical and virtual boxes.
The right candidate will have a minimum of 10+ years Windows experience and be able to apply superior technical skills in analysis of complex systems and problem resolution within a large VMware and Windows environments. QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent skills in analysis, trouble-shooting and probable resolution with well-rounded knowledge of required technologies.
- Enterprise knowledge of Windows 7 and 10 Desktop Operating Systems.
- Enterprise knowledge of VMware vSphere ESXi 6.x, Horizon View 7.x environments.
- Enterprise knowledge of Active Directory / DHCP / DNS / Group Policy in a distributed environment.
- Strong understanding of TCP/IP, Sub netting, Routing and SMTP concepts.
- Design and implementation of Desktop / VDI Image & template management.
- Enterprise Knowledge of Windows Security Patch Management and application deployment process in physical and virtual environments.
- Enterprise knowledge of data center monitoring tools such as Dell Open mange server.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in technical or related field
Additional Non-technical Skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently and as an effective part of a global Cloud/Windows/VMware team.
- Excellent trouble-shooting skills and analysis skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Should have experience in a global organization
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: