Job #: 11162
Title: Engineering Technician
Job Location: Hickory, North Carolina - United States
Salary: $35,000.00 - $55,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: Medical/Dental/Vision, Generous 401k match, Life and AD&D Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement, Vacation & Holiday Pay.
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for an Engineering Technician / Assembly Technician / Prototype Technician / Electronics Technician. This position will work as part of the product development engineering team performing all assembly activities necessary to build new batteries from engineering drawings or sketches and assist in the product industrialization process. All tasks will be performed while supporting the policies, procedures, goals and objectives of the company. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Builds prototype batteries using information prints, concepts, and specifications provided by project engineer.
- Gathers necessary materials/components including cutting some parts (i.e., wires, fuses, diodes, etc.) to build battery to proper specifications. Orders materials not stocked in inventory if needed.
- Assembles prototype battery using existing assembly processes including welding, soldering, harnessing, gluing, potting, controller IC programming, etc.
- Performs quality inspections including dimensional checks, mechanical strength, and functional testing (voltage response using loads, power supplies, data logger) to ensure proper operation and compliance of prototype. Records results in digital format and maintains records on file.
- Maintains organization and cleanliness of the model shop properly disposing of waste and/or scrap generated through work activities, organizes stock inventory, ensures proper working condition of stations.
- Provides input to final battery assembly design documenting assembly steps and modifications to design to improve ease of assembly and reliability. Records and incorporate suggested changes to engineering drawings in Solidworks format.
- Participates in industrial transitions by providing training to operations teams and provides guidance and support during initial production runs.
- Participate in process development activities to introduce new assembly practices and methods.
- Participates in the development and procurement of assembly fixtures for new batteries.
- Provides guidance to engineering teams to quantify/verify labor rate standards of new products.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Associates degree in a technology related field or similar training obtained in industry or military.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience with assembly or repair of batteries, electronics, or small component assembly.
- Demonstrate initiative and be a self-starter to independently judge and carry out necessary minor decisions concerning battery builds.
- Ability to read, write, and perform basic math ability to read engineering drawings.
- Ability to interpret and convert dimensions in metric and imperial standards and carry out basic calculations to determine stackup requirements in assembly processes.
- Ability to interpret electrical testing information utilizing ohms law and circuit analysis for series and parallel configurations.
- Ability to undergo extensive on the job training necessary to obtain knowledge of battery assembly operations necessary to build batteries.
- A high level of mental/visual effort required when performing manufacturing activities such as assembling small parts to ensure acceptable quality.
- Interpersonal skills necessary to effectively interact with manufacturing and engineering personnel. Good oral and written communication skills needed
- Familiar with basic machining processes and various welding and cutting operations to modify parts with little to no written instructions.
- Must possess the ability to operate standard Microsoft Office Software (Word, Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook) to document and communicate data into the computer system and distribute to peers.
- Must possess ability or be capable of learning to operate Solidworks or Auto Cad.
University - Associate`s Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years
How to Apply: