Job #: 14883
Title: Operations Engineer
Job Location: Houston, Texas - United States
Salary: $100,000.00 - $110,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Other Compensation: 5-10% bonus
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Our client is a Terminals Company providing safe and reliable terminal services to the petrochemical industry for over four decades. They are ranked at the top of their kind in both capacity and customer service and provide the highest safety standards in the industry. JOB DESCRIPTION
The Operations Engineer is responsible for improving the operational and business processes within the facility while ensuring all SHE&S and Quality requirements are being met including management systems for Process Safety (PSM), Risk Management (RMP), and RC 14001 which includes, but not limited to, management of change (MOC), process hazard analysis, risk identification, prestart-up safety reviews, process safety information, product safety, and related auditing.
BASIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide leadership and coordination of Process Safety, Risk Management and Responsible Care/RC 14001 related activities.
- Investigate and analyze day-to-day operational activities to eliminate deviations and optimize processes.
- Lead or participate in investigations, root cause analysis and resolution of incidents and non-conformances as assigned.
- Lead or participate in Management of Change, Pre Start-Up Safety Reviews and Process Hazards Analysis processes as assigned
- Lead or participate in compliance evaluations and customer audits as assigned.
- Lead or participate in the development and implementation of Operations, Logistics, Engineering and SHE&S Standards as assigned.
- Participate in feasibility studies of new or modified customer inquiries including reviewing all chemical properties of new products and the recommendation of safe handling procedures and processes and capital funding requests as assigned.
- Participate in PSM, RMP and Responsible Care/ RC 14001 related issues in external professional and trade organizations.
- Identify, develop and provide, as appropriate, training to the staff and associates relative to PSM, RMP, Responsible Care/ RC14001 and related activities.
- Develop, maintain and implement, as needed, PSM, RMP, and RC 14001 policies, procedures, standards, and related goals, objectives and action plans.
- Participate in the development and review of capital projects to help ensure compliance to applicable requirements, standards, and codes.
- Participate and support terminal management in developing goals, objectives, action plans and KPIs to ensure achievement of Operational Excellence and Responsible Care.
- Facilitate the identification and development of improvement opportunities in the operations and business processes.
RC14001 & QUALITY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM RESPONSIBILITIES
- Intervene and take appropriate actions on any non-conformance, possible non-conformance, or concerns affecting 1) compliance with any known legal, regulatory or company requirement, 2) Safety, Health, Environment & Security (SHE&S) and Quality policies, procedures, or other management system requirements, and/or 3) expectations or needs of other interested parties, and communicate it using the appropriate company process.
- Ensure the SHE&S, Responsible Care, and Quality management Systems requirements are integrated into their organizations business structure and processes and achieve intended outcomes.
- Promote an observable culture of process safety, product safety/stewardship and customer service within their organizational control.
- When requested, participate in the development, communication, and implementation of SHE&S, Responsible Care, and Quality programs.
- Communicate and follow up as required on any SHE&S or Quality concerns, incidents, near misses, or opportunities for improvement using the appropriate company process.
- When requested, lead, participate and/or provide resources for Associate Safety Committee (ASC), Safety Meetings, Incident/Root Cause Analysis (RCA) investigations, Management of Change (MOC), Process Safety Startup Review (PSSR), Process Hazard Analysis (PHA), and other related SHE&S, process safety, and customer service activities.
- Working knowledge of PSM (Process Safety) and RMP (Risk Management) processes
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001, ISO 14001 and RC14001/RCMS a plus
- Effective Problem Solving/Root Cause Analysis
- Microsoft Office Software
- Working knowledge of Statistics and related Improvement Processes
1. Chemical Engineering/Technology Degree (or 3-5 years analyzing operational type activities)
2. Minimum of 5 years of chemical industry related experience
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: