Job #: 15296
Title: Environmental Specialist Baytown, Texas
Job Location: Baytown, Texas - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Other Compensation: Medical Plan & Prescription Drug Coverage? Vision Coverage Dental Coverage? Flexible Spending Accounts? Life Insurance Coverage? Disability Coverage 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan; (Contributes 3% of your pay into the plan, regardless of employee participation. Will match employee contributions dollar for dollar up to 5%)
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Client prefers local candidates but will consider paid relocation for a strong candidate with the right qualifications. Will consider interviewing non-local candidates who do not require paid relocation.
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Environmental Specialist near Baytown, Texas
Great Benefits, Long Term Employment and Career Opportunities!
Our client is looking for qualified personnel who are interested in a long term career oppportunities. They are a growth-oriented provider of midstream services and one of the largest independent midstream energy companies in North America, with assets in Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, North Dakota, Louisiana, California, Washington and Maryland. The company has a diversified portfolio of complementary midstream energy assets, making them an excellent choice for exciting career opportunities. A strong benefit package and a location away from the Houston hustle and bustle are other reasons to think about joining this exciting company. There location is only 11 miles from Baytown and provides for a less hectic commute and a quieter environment to work or live.
- Medical Plan & Prescription Drug Coverage
- Vision Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance Coverage
- Disability Coverage
- 401(k) Profit Sharing Plan; (Contributes 3% of your pay into the plan, regardless of employee participation. Will match employee contributions dollar for dollar up to 5%)
The Environmental Specialist will assist operations in achieving goals with respect to environmental compliance in our operations by specializing in Federal and State air quality regulations such as permitting, regulatory applicability, air compliance reporting, and GHG reporting.
- Assist with compliance audits, as needed.
- RCRA Ensure compliance with the site waste management plan and all generator standards. Complete annual hazardous waste report.
- SPCC and SWP3 Ensure compliance with all plans and initiate updates as needed.
- Title V Ensuring monitoring, recordkeeping, and reporting compliance with operating permits.
- TSCA Prepare and submit reports as needed.
- Process Safety Management (PSM) Serve as the site ES&H contact, perform routine audits of site work permits and lock out tag out system inspections, and other related inspections. Ensure compliance with MOC process and PSSRs.
- Regulatory Analysis complete regulatory analysis to determine how a rule applies to new and modified oil and gas facilities.
- Natural Gas Star Program Must work with engineering and the field on projects and prepare annual report. Act as company liaison for the program and attendance at the annual conference.
- New Source Review (NSR) Permitting Responsible for data collection, coordinating sampling, and working directly with the corporate office or consultants who prepare the permit applications.
- NPDES and Storm water permits Ensure compliance with all site water and wastewater permits; includes oversight of testing schedules and laboratories, review and gathering of DMR data, reporting of noncompliance, and coordinated work with consultants and contractors on any permitting activities, as needed.
- Emission Inventory Preparation Compile and prepare data to send to Corporate for annual emission inventories, including greenhouse gas inventories.
- Greenhouse Gas emissions inventories Monitor regulatory development of GHG reporting regulations, assist with implementation, maintain QA/QC plans, and provide training and updates to company personnel.
- CERCLA, SARA, and State Superfund programs Participate with the environmental team in gathering and reporting data, as needed. Lead local personnel with input from Corporate ES&H on regulatory reporting and prepare Tier 2 reports.
- Clean Water Act Section 404 Assist in on-going compliance with all pipeline construction projects.
- Annual Emission Inventories Ownership of the reporting program. Monitor reporting developments; work with ESS System Specialist on preparation and submittal of reports
Education and experience required:
- B.S. in Engineering, Environmental Sciences, or related science based degree
- At least one college level calculus and chemistry, related science, and/or physics class
- Possess and maintain a valid drivers license to include a safe driving record satisfactory to the company
- Direct experience in the oil and gas, petrochemical, or refining industries
- 3+ years of work related experience
- 5-8 years of direct air permitting experience (preferred)
- Experience with PROMAX, TANKS 4.09d, GRI-GLYCalc, and AMINECalc simulation programs (Preferred)
- Related work experience with permitting and regulations in Texas, Louisiana, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and North Dakota (Preferred)
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: