Job #: 15282
Title: Nurse Manager - Long Term Care
Job Location: Geneva, New York - United States
Salary: $70,000.00 - $85,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Nurse Manager - Long Term Care
Direct Hire - Full-time
The facility is located in Geneva, New York. 103-bed facility which includes Skilled Nursing beds and a Transitional Care unit. It is a facility with a reputation for outstanding medical, nursing and rehabilitative care. This is a part of a multi-institutional health system that provides a full range of acute and long term care health services to residents of the Finger Lakes region in Upstate New York.
The Transitional Care Program allows patients the opportunity to recuperate and recover in a supervised medical setting following hip/knee replacements, fractured bones, amputations, or extended medical hospitalizations for pneumonia, congestive heart failure or heart ailments, etc. The program offers 24-hour care in Skilled Nursing beds and a modern rehabilitation room dedicated to the program, provided by a team of health care professionals. JOB DESCRIPTION
The successful candidate will be a service driven long term care professional that has the ability to lead overall operations on the Nursing Home Unit. He/she will direct the day-to-day functions of the Unit following the current federal and state regulations, as well as, the facility`s policies and procedures. The Nurse Manager has responsibility for ensuring that the residents are provided with high quality care and a safe environment. Positive collaboration with the Rehab Services department is a must for the Transitional Care unit. This is a hands-on, clinical position, not an administrative office position.
The candidate must have strong leadership skills, a proven track record of success, and an extensive working knowledge of general operations, human resources, budget, reimbursement, NYS DOH compliance, quality and safety.
The Nurse Manager will report to the Administrative Director Nursing of Long Term Care. QUALIFICATIONS
Minimum: Graduate from an accredited Registered Professional Nurse Program,
Preferred: Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing or related field or Masters In Nursing or related field
Current New York State Registered Professional Nursing License required.
Minimum: 2 Years of Nursing Experience or 2 Years of LTC experience; Must have proven leadership experience. Previous nurse management experience highly desirable. Will consider other leadership experience with related clincial experience.
- Candidate must have prior proven positive leadership experience in a supervisory or manager role.
- Candidate must have ability to adapt to change and create an environment that supports change.
- Candidate must be able to effectively communicate with all levels
- Candidate must have the ability to develop and foster meaningful relationships with staff, residents and families.
- Candidate must have exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills, as well as, a commitment to providing our residents and families with an exceptional experience.
- Candidate must be able to mentor and develop others.
- Candidate must have excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: