Job #: 15249
Job Location: Charlotte, North Carolina - United States
Salary: $65,000.00 - $90,000.00 - US Dollars - Yearly
Employer Will Recruit From: Local
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
We are looking for a Designer who will provide detailed component and layout design, solid modeling, drafting, BOM structuring, and document checking support. The Designer will work under the technical supervision of a Design Engineer or Engineering Manager. JOB DESCRIPTION
- Creates and modifies 3-D models and 2-D detailed manufacturing drawings.
- Works closely with the Design Engineers to ensure that the designs meet both internal and external customer requirements.
- Reviews engineering drawings and designs to ensure adherence to established specifications, standards and meet the all change requirements.
- Generates Bill of Materials (BOMs), and supports all design related Engineering documentation.
- Supports and participates in tolerance stack-ups, fits and clearances, basic calculations as required.
- Assists in developing and maintaining drawing standards, checklists and processes.
- Ability to prioritize, balance, and manage multiple efforts with strong results/goal orientation.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple priorities with a high sense of urgency and accuracy.
- Knowledge of component design and analysis techniques and utilization of best drafting and engineering practices.
- Strong understanding of design for manufacturability.
- Displays willingness to make decisions; supports and explains reasoning for decisions, and engages appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Strong communication (oral and written), skills. Effectively communicates across all mediums, audiences, and situations.
- An above average mechanical aptitude with the ability to use independent thinking and resourcefulness.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Experience: 2+ years of experience in Solid Edge CAD modeling and drafting. Strong working knowledge in detail design and GD&T. Design of rotating equipment and/or pressure vessels is a plus.
Basic Knowledge and Required Skills:
- Expert in Solid Edge 3-D modeling
- Working knowledge of IFS (ERP system)
- Experience with BOM structuring and modification
- Strong working knowledge of ASME Y14.5 GD&T
- Working knowledge of ISO tolerances
- Strong knowledge in Engineering Change Request/Order/Notice
- Minimum of 7 years drafting experience in Mechanical Design/Drafting.
- Minimum of 5 years drafting experience with a 2-Year Associate Degree in Mechanical Design/Drafting.
- Minimum of 2 years drafting experience with a 4-year Engineering degree.
Additional criteria for Senior Designer
- Minimum of 10 years drafting experience with a 2-Year Associate Degree in Mechanical Design/Drafting.
- Minimum of 4 years drafting experience with a 4-year Engineering degree.
- Demonstrated ability to work on more complex/technical projects
- Demonstrated ability to develop innovative solutions to problems as an individual and as part of a team
- Fully competent in creating 3-D parametric solid models with current CAD system
- Understanding of foundry, machine shop and fabrication practices
- Develop design standards and best practices in the area of design including design, CAD modeling, change and control processes.
University - Associate`s Degree/Graduate Diploma/2 Years
How to Apply: