Job #: 15263
Title: Cost Acountant
Job Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Regional
Relocation Paid?: NO
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
As Cost Accountant youll report directly to the VP Finance and take responsibility for product costing, product manufacturing analysis, inventory valuation, and reporting activities for three (3) manufacturing sites. In time youll have additional responsibility for improving processes and controls associated with manufacturing costs and inventory valuations. Expect 15% travel to sites in NY and NJ. Office location is Newark DE
Why consider this opportunity?
- Stability and Growth: This Company has been in business for well over 50 years and yet have recently experienced an increase in sales and have been taking steps to modernization manufacturing operations; 2017 was a record breaking year for them and they are predicting additional growth in 2018.
- They are large enough to offer stability and yet small enough that the Senior Managers knows the professional staff by name and more importantly by contribution.
- A great base salary plus company sponsored insurance programs (Medical, Dental, Vision & Prescription, Life); Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Voluntary Group Insurance (Life, AD&D, LTD), Flexible Spending Account (FSA), 401K Plan with matching, Pension Plan, Paid Vacation, Paid Company Holidays. ** (See recruiter to recruiter comments for details)
- Perform month end close activities related to Cost Accounting.
- Direct the annual physical inventory at three (3) manufacturing locations. Reconcile counts to the perpetual inventory balances and post adjustments; investigation of major count variances to determine root causes.
- Conduct fixed asset physical inventories, one location per year on a rotating basis. (Supports 3 manufacturing sites)
- Monitor Inventory Turns and Days on Hand with reporting to management.
- Responsible for obsolete inventory reporting, controls, and analysis. Partner with Sales & Marketing and Operations functions to reduce obsolescence occurrences.
- Complete Manufacturing Variance Reporting and analysis including PPV, Material Usage Variances, and Inventory adjustments.
- Manage import of data into ERP system.
- Participate as a member of the Continuous Improvement Team representing the Finance and Accounting Department on teams designed to improve operations, reduce cost, and reduce inventories.
Please send a resume to facilitate our two-sided converstion about this company/opportunity and your background!
Requested Background profile:
Applicants will have a strong working knowledge of GAAP accounting and general accounting concepts with excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with a focus on accuracy, attention to detail, and continuous improvement.
- Bachelors degree in accounting or finance.
- 7+ years cost accounting experience in a manufacturing company
- Advanced Excel skills to include, but not be limited to, proficiency in use of Pivot Tables and V-lookups.
- Hands on ERP experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills and interactions at various levels of a manufacturing organization.
- Project Management skills preferred.
- Must be authorized to work for any employer in the USA (no sponsorship)
Footnote: ** I am happy to discuss salary details prior to forwarding your resume to our client but I am not permitted to openly publish the high end of the confidential salary range. I have posted something that includes a low end number plus I have exceeded the maximum (in an obvious way so as not to be misleading).
How to Apply: