Job #: 15265
Title: Feed Ingredients Purchasing Agent (HS-7560)
Job Location: Stafford, New York - United States
Salary: contact recruiter for details
Employer Will Recruit From: Nationwide
Relocation Paid?: Negotiable
WHY IS THIS A GREAT OPPORTUNITY?
Feed Ingredients Purchasing Agent - New York JOB DESCRIPTION
Hansen Agri-PLACEMENT is assisting an established AG Employer in their search for a Feed Ingredient Purchasing Agent QUALIFICATIONS
- Develop relationship with vendors to source quality key ingredients/materials and distributed goods.
- Develop expertise in the market and business of feed ingredients including all related trade policy regulations.
- Work with Vendors to to purchase raw materials within the guidelines provided by senior managers.
- Assist in the management of contracts, positions, volumes and contract assignments.
- Assist in tasks related to price discovery and pricing practices.
- Provide assistance with measuring, reporting, and auditing ownership and risk positions related to assigned ingredients.
- Work closely with others to efficiently coordinate logistics for routing assigned ingredients to and through company distribution channels.
- Help achieve category objectives for volume and margin on distributed products.
- Achieve targeted competitive cost and budgeted costs for assigned ingredients.
- Travel to vendors and industry functions related to assigned areas of responsibility.
- Bachelors Degree in Purchasing, Business / Management, or closely related field.
- Experience / Contacts with national ingredient suppliers preferred
- Experience in a high performance team enviroment
- Ability to assimilate and interpret large amounts of information and prioritize tasks with a customer-centric focus
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Competency with MS-Office suite of software tools and sales reporting tools
- Must be a proactive self-starter with demonstrated ability as a problem-solver
- Must readily embrace and adapt to changing circumstances with a positive and supportive attitude
- Demonstrated honesty and integrity, acceptance of accountability for optimal outcomes for the Company and its clients
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to exercise sound judgement in the application of established guidelines, policies, and procedures.
University - Bachelor`s Degree/3-4 Year Degree
How to Apply: